FTA, OTA & Cable Networking

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mannyj

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Guys -

I am interested in delivering FTA, OTA & Cable everywhere in the house. Can I use a multiswitch to link up several dishes and connect it to a Diseq
switch so that I can distribute the signals to multiple receivers ?

How does everyone do this ?

Regards,

Manny

A DiSEqC switch won't work for anything except satellite (it must be controlled by the FTA receiver). It is possible use 22k 4 x 4 multiswitches to distribute satellite signals from multiple LNBs to multiple receivers. If, for example, you have two dual output LNBs, you can connect them to the inputs of a 4 x 4 multiswitch to distribute to up to four receivers (a 4 x 8 will give you 8 receivers).

You can use a multiswitch with a built-in diplexer to combine OTA with FTA satellite over the same cable. An example of this would be a 5 x 8 multiswitch (the same as a 4 x 8 with the addition of an OTA antenna input). In this case, you would need diplexers at each receiver to separate the OTA signal from the satellite signal.

Tron -

Thanks for your feedback.

I am looking into buying a toroidal dish T90 with 3 single high frequency LNB and 1 single low frequency LNB, connect that to a multiswitch and then to a diseq switch to deliver the signal to 2 tv's. I will look into integrating the OTA into this setup as well.

The dilema is the following. Should I buy the dish with 3 dual high frequency and 1 dual low frequency lnb ? Or should I let the multiswitch and the diseq switch distribute the signal.

Are there any specific multiswitches you recommend ?

Regards,

Manny

You might search back a month or two for a nice thread where Iceberg discussed his T-90 , LNBs, and switches.
He goes well beyond three LNBs, but I'm sure you'll get some good info.

Which four satellites were you thinking about?
Some have specific considerations, such as StarChoice - which was probably dealt with in the above thread, too.

For multiswitches, you'll need to use dual output LNBFs, as the multiswitch will assign one output as vertical (13v) and the other as horizontal (18v)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kathrein Receviers from Germany

G10R is gone, but why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)