FTA questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

49studebaker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
If I connected my FTA receiver input to the OTA jack, and then in another room I connected the output from the Gbox to the OTA jack, would it damage the TVs or TV amplifier?

If I connected two FTA receivers to the Gbox, would the position of the dish be in sync?

Your question is hard to understand exactly what you are asking. If you mean you want to come out of your STB, LNB IN and run that to your existing wiring for OTA and then in another room come back out and go to a Gbox???? Then no that will not work and yes you will be putting voltage on the output side of your OTA dist. AMP. Without a better description hard to give you a straight answer, you may be able to use diplexers, if that is what you are trying to do. I don't recommend that though.

If I connected my FTA receiver input to the OTA jack, and then in another room I connected the output from the Gbox to the OTA jack, would it damage the TVs or TV amplifier?
Best to run dedicated coax. TV on one, your FTA dish on another. A diplexer could be used but loss on those diplexers is, at least when I tried one, horrendous. Only the strongest transponders worked, with much lowered Quality reaadings. And must be used after the TV anp power inserter. (not between the power inserter and antenna)
If I connected two FTA receivers to the Gbox, would the position of the dish be in sync?
The dish will be in sync. The positions are stored in the gbox, not the receivers. The receivers 'call' for a position to go to. You should also isolate the lnb voltage from feeding into the other receiver. A-B switch, or a diode steered splitter.
Alternatively; if independent channel selection is not required: Only one receiver, one channel, use a tv modulator to send the FTA to all other tv's. Should be able to combine that signal with your OTA. To 'run' the FTA from other locations use 'remote extenders'.

Alternatively; if independent channel selection is not required: Only one receiver, one channel, use a tv modulator to send the FTA to all other tv's. Should be able to combine that signal with your OTA. To 'run' the FTA from other locations use 'remote extenders'.

I use this modulator to add two satellite channels onto my OTA system for my parents to watch next door and it works very good and is easy to program. SD picture only, but clear, nice and doesn't affect the OTA stations at all. There is one, two, three and four channel models available, mine is pushing through 450' of coax and works fine. The only issue I have found with it is a 2006 Panasonic plasma that I have here won't pick the channels up, all the rest of my TVs do. They're expensive, but if you keep a watch on Amazon used ones are up for sale now and then MUCH Cheaper, I bought mine used for $35.

Amazon product ASIN B000246TJU

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)