FTA receiver lower budget decision

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All of this 22 khz switch talk applies if you want to switch between multiple dishes or use more than one LNB on a dish.

The way I see it, planning to use a 22khz switch is only necessary if you want to select from more than four LNB's. Otherwise, you could use a four port DiSeqC switch.

universal lnb's also use a 22khz tone so they cant be used with 22khz switch's

I wouldn't say "can't". Not to confuse the issue, but you only see one frequency band on a universal that is connected to a 22khz switch. I use a 22khz switch with universal LNBs on the 22khz side of the switch. This is because I don't need to see the lower frequency band of a universal LNB.

if you need a universal get one, else stick with a standard lnb.

if the freq is less then 11700 you need a universal.

Agreed.

But, if I could get a universal for free or low cost, I would take it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say "can't". Not to confuse the issue, but you only see one frequency band on a universal that is connected to a 22khz switch. I use a 22khz switch with universal LNBs on the 22khz side of the switch. This is because I don't need to see the lower frequency band of a universal LNB.

ecoda's are the only 22k switch that works like that

the rest wont work at all...they would only make it see the low band

And what do you know about the Mvide FS 4000?? Good for FTA??

How I decide what LNB noise figure is better for my place or my dish ??

I can't find a Mvidea website. Can not find a user's manual. Google only shows many pirates looking to convert their sets to another manufacturers bins.

The eBay seller's page mentions SCART. This means no RF connection through Ch 3 / 4. Only composite output.

Knowing what I know now. I would get a good used Coolsat 5000 or 6000. Completed listings on eBay are about $50 shipped. Ship to PR would probably be more.

Don't be too concerned about Noise figure. .4 db or less is OK.

Don't be too concerned about Noise figure. .4 db or less is OK.
Thanks guapoharry , Now thats my next question , In what things I have to put attention for decide what LNBL to buy ? Because I see some with lower dB (like 0.2 ,0.3 ) with lower prices but other are much hight priced and the dB are similar or 0.4 dB.

Under lower budget:

By what factor I decide?:

by Where I live ?
the lower the dBs?
the manufacturer?
etc..

I have in option the Sadoun ULN1..

look in the reviews section of sat guys. unfortunatly specs lie. Ive got 0.3db lnb's that are worse the 0.5db lnb's Ive got. I dont know how they measure them and can get away with it, but its easy to see the noise floor on a spectrum analyzer and its clear there is quite a difference in lnbs.

the invacom qph-031 is a nice dual linear dual circular with a very low noise floor. there are some new lnb's on the market that surpase it in terms of performance, but they are all single output.

edit: http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/116168-techsat-tracker-ii-0-2db-lnb.html

its getting great reviews, but unfortunatly only a single output.

there are some new lnb's on the market that surpase it in terms of performance, but they are all single output.
I only need one with single output so ...

What other more lower priced than Techsat Tracker II+ , But Good also ?? Just for have options

I only need one with single output so ...

What other more lower priced than Techsat Tracker II+ , But Good also ?? Just for have options
it sells for $19usd, thats dirt cheap. how much is a cheap pos junk lnb ? $12 ?

edit: btw thats with free shipping

For get Hispasat here in PR . Do this (JSC321S Standard Ku 0.3dB Single LNB) will get that satellite and give me good stability signal??

• Here some spec.:
  • JSC321S Specifications
  • Input frequency range 11.7~12.2 GHz
  • Output frequency range 950~1450 MHz
  • LO frequency 10750 MHz
  • LO Accuracy (@25°C) ± 10 MHz
  • LO Temperature Drift (-40° ~ +60°C) ± 3.0 MHz
  • LO Phase Noise (@1KHz offset) -60 dBc/Hz
  • (@10KHz offset) -80 dBc/Hz
  • (@100KHz offset) -100 dBc/Hz
  • LO Spurious -45 dBm (Max.)
  • Noise Figure 0.3 dB (or better)
  • Conversion Gain 50 dB (Min.)
  • Gain Variation (over operating band) 5 dB p-p (Typ.)
  • Isolation 23 dB (Min.)
  • Image Rejection 40 dB (Min.)
  • Output VSWR 2:1 (Max.)
  • DC Current Consumption 120 mA (Max.)
  • Polarization Switching Voltage Vertical: 10.5~14.2v
  • Horizontal: 15.5~21v
  • Water Proof Test 60°C water for 5 minutes
  • Operation Temperature -40°C ~ 60°C
  • Output Connector 75? F type

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts