FTA receiver lower budget decision

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tacafta

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 6, 2009
PR
Finally a real FTA Forum ""nothing about still"

Well I am new in this so , I will reuse a old Dtv Dish and I will buy the LNB for Ku and the receiver FTA. The problem is the lower budget . I decide to buy the lower priced new, receiver in the market that by now I see , the Neusat SP 6000 Premium. And the LNB maybe one in 11 dollar or less. As you can see are lower priced. But now its the real thing , Are that reciver will work for see the 30.0W or the 97.0 W? The Blindscan?

I read other thread here and in other forum and not find a lot about that box or find the respond of that the box is dead or not work or similar things and I dont think if they are talking about "not work for still " or for FTA.

Welcome!

A lot of DVB boxes work fine for "True FTA". Read everything you can, then read just a bit more. Your direct dish may be a tad on the small side, and depending on the model, won't have any linear lnb's on it. Ask around, you should be able to pick up a 36" dish for free, and add a linear lnb to it. Visit lyngsat to check the coverage maps for your location for specific birds. FTA is a great hobby, post any questions you have and help will arrive.

That Neusat is supposed to be a fairly good receiver for blind-scan, I almost bought one of them. I believe they were attractive to the hacker market because of the USB-update port.They may not be 'supporting' neusats any more for hacking, thus you might be getting a good price on one right now. You should be able to get 97 with it once you get the dish aimed, but a bigger dish is always a good idea.

My Directv Dish is 37" I need to make some invent for grab the linear LNB .

Other thing is the tree and mountains that are around here. That affect or depend on ...??

Yes the trees and obstructions will cause problems, you need clear line of sight to the satellite you want. If you find you are blocked, perhaps you can move the dish to another position in your yard, or roof, if you're using a roof mount. Remember an offset-feed dish actually 'looks' higher in the sky than it appears to be pointing.

I will buy a LNB for Ku . For the 30W .

Some one knows the angle of the LNB bracket . Because I will do a homemade LNB bracket for only one LNB but the angle and measures .... I was thinking in copy the measures and angles of the original LNB of Directv .

Know had made a homemade bracket for LNB??

A lot of us have fashioned home-made brackets out of everything from duct tape to conduit hangers. You want to keep the lnb at the same approx place as the original, matching the distance from the dish to the face of the lnbf to gain the most signal reflected from your dish.
You can find metal strips at a hardware store, I like the ones made for cabinet-drawer slides. They're strong but still flexible. You can use c-clamps, big plastic wire-ties, metal pipe-clamps.
It's all about ingenuity.

TacaFTA last night I tried to respond but SatGuys was having some technical problems.

Puerto Rico (Numbers are for SanJuan) is a fantastic location for getting 30.0 west since the elevation is at 43 degrees and 97.0 west is at 48 degrees elevation , if you're looking for spanish programming Telstar 12 at 15.0 west is 28.9 elevation and has a couple channels from Uruguay.

Fantastic for elevation but not so much for signal levels. Around 44 dBm for Hispasat 1D (recommended 1 m Dish or larger) and 45 dBm for Hispasat 1C (recommended 90 cm Dish) for the island of Puerto Rico as per www.lyngsat.com maps. The 37" Dish should work for both but I suggest you to get a low Noise Figure LNB Ku (there are 0.2 dB NF LNB's in the market). Be patient when aiming , it takes time , especially the first time.

Thanks for all the tips or recommendations.

The thing of the Receiver I think is very important because if the Neusat SP 6000 Premium don't do a good Blindscan ?? I dont find a lot of opinions in this or other forum about that box . Thats my concern.

Could be a 0.3 dB LNB ??

on an average universal lnb's often have a higher noise floor, lower the noise the better. specs lie btw. lol. universal lnb's also use a 22khz tone so they cant be used with 22khz switch's

if you need a universal get one, else stick with a standard lnb.

if the freq is less then 11700 you need a universal.

I would take the standard, unless there's something on Intelsat9 you might want to see.
turbo, Hispasat is at 30.0w, not Intelsat9. But, I agree on getting the Standard before the Universal, for the same reasons.

on an average universal lnb's often have a higher noise floor, lower the noise the better. specs lie btw. lol. universal lnb's also use a 22khz tone so they cant be used with 22khz switch's

if you need a universal get one, else stick with a standard lnb.

if the freq is less then 11700 you need a universal.
My main reason for using Standard lnbf's.

Some one know about the Mvidea FS 4000?? I had read a lot but all is about the illigal stuff. So I want to know if its a good lower budget option ? If does a Blindscan?

Neusat 6000 Premium

I have the Neusat 6000 Premium, I picked up during the summer at a yard sale. It DOES have a wonderful Blind Scan and it works very well. I would rate it as one of the very best FTA receivers..Besides for $15 dollars US, its the best buy on Ebay in my opinion. It offers great video output, audio is good and it has RCA component out...(which I like) much better than either Pansat I own. It has many nice features but it's also missing a few I enjoyed using Pansat. IMO, Neusats are often over looked by FTA'ers, they are missing out on a very well made, high quality receiver that is more suited than many other popular brands.

As for LNB's, I have no problems with using a Universal or Standard, I think that is more of a user preference personally. In European Nations, the Universal LNB rules out almost every time. Being FTA viewing is huge in European Nations sometimes it doesn't hurt to look to where our hobby is most popular. I think it also depends a lot on what "YOU" are after. What equipment you have on hand and how much money you wish to invest. Another words, if you have a Universal on hand then use it...Just my opinion not that it matters...When budget is of concern use what you have on hand if you can...Not wishing to debate whats best or better, just sharing my view only.

thanks for the review , I was looking for that one but now I don't find it , new and low priced.

But now I need a review on the Mvidea FS 4000

I Some one had used for true FTA , and not for illegal!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)