FTA Receiver on Christmas Wish List

Which of the following FTA receivers would you like to see under the Christmas tree this year?

• OpenBox S9

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • OpenBox S10

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Pansat 9500

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Manhattan RS-1933

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Which of the following FTA receivers would you like to see under the Christmas tree this year?

1) OpenBox S9
2) OpenBox S10
3) Pansat 9500
4) Manhattan RS-1933

I'm leaning towards the Pansat 9500 due to having a UHF remote control. Plus the CW channels can be added from the receiver.

I already have thew Manhattan which works real well. It can do manual PID entry and record high bitrate feeds :)

I wish SatelliteAV's new box was ready, I would have one of those! :)

The only box I don't know anything about is the Pansat. The OpenBoxes are tough because you don't know what your going to get when you order one. I have a Manhattan and I like it... only thing it dosent do that I want it to do is be supported by my Slingbox so I can watch anywhere. :D

Well obviously not an Openbox, too many problems with those. But if you're going to get something with an Ali 360x chipset, why not wait til SatelliteAV's new receiver comes out? You'd be saving yourself serious money and getting a support team you know you can communicate with -- although you may not need to since they seem to want to get everything right the first time.

I am going to wait for SatelliteAV's new box.

SatelliteAV's MicroHD receiver will replace my Openbox S9.
Openbox may become a shotgun target, I owe it for all of the headaches

The money I save by not buying the tree, etc. I'll spend on the microHD when it is released.:)
I've had an S9, have a 9500(& Azbox Elite & Prem+), will wait for the microHD & the next iteration of the Manhattan.;)

Is this poll limited to Ali36xx chipset stbs?

Last edited:
I believe Manhattan is working on a do-it-all box, maybe by next Christmas AZbox will be reduced to an also ran or distant memory.

I agree, and I've been tempted. But all this while they've been raking in the dough and at the same time displaying a commitment to product development that looks pretty dismal, even silly. The competition will either blow them into the weeds, or they'll deliver the best box they've ever made and compete -- the choice is theirs alone. Turn up the heat, I say.

Looking forward to the release of SatelliteAv MicroHD and how it stacks up against Manhattan. Then again if the AZbox Me ever gets decent firmware (or seriously released), it might be a great receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.