FTA Receiver with DPP Equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

garrettmiami06

Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Caribbean
Good Morning guys,

I know in the past there were no FTA receivers that could work with a DPP33 switch etc (from the research I've done).........just wondering if anyone knows of any that may have been design to work with DP or DPP equipment??? I currently have a Dish setup using a DPP33 and DP LNBs.

Regards

Nope, no change in status there. [AFAIK]
There's no need to incorporate DP or DPP in true FTA, nor is there a need to mix the two. FTA uses two very capable systems for switching and positioning, USALS and DisEqC, along with 22khz.

There is no reason to use Dish DPP stuff for FTA. That's all circular and FTA is linear. The dishes are too small and don't hold regular FTA LNBFs. And we don't do pirate c**p here.

Well im in the islands.....and thought about giving up my dish service. I have a 6ft dish and the dish equipment mentioned in original post. Was just wondering if i'd be able to plug play with an fta receiver without having to change lnbs n switches. Thanks alot.

6ft?? That should be plenty big enough for some Ku FTA and if you have the patience, you may even get some C-Band to your liking. Depending on the dish, you could motorize it or arrange multiple LNBFs for a fixed array. If you have pictures of you setup we may be able to make some specific recommendations. :)

I use a DP34 switch with bandstacked C LNBs and bandstacked SuperDish FSS LNBs.

Unlike regular FTA switches, the DP34 is DiSEqC 2.0 compatible and the DP21 is DiSEqC 2.1 compatible.

The FSS LNBs are difficult to use because the second LO of 13.850GHz inverts the secondary polarity, which needs special work in some FTA receivers to work properly.

I don't use motors on my dishes because I have multiple tuners.

The DPP switches have a secondary LO for Dish's use of dual tuners on one cable. I haven't figured out how the commands work though.

Of course, regular Dish LNBs will only allow you to watch the test card channels on an FTA system: completely useless.

For some reason every tine I see a post about free to air and dish in the same sentence the first thing that comes to mind is hack talk which is not tolerated here.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

For some reason every tine I see a post about free to air and dish in the same sentence the first thing that comes to mind is hack talk which is not tolerated here. Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well a lot of times it's because people have that equipment laying around or have easy free access to it. There's so much of it around, it's a shame it can't be put back to use for FTA.

You don't have to assume everyone is a criminal :p

Well a lot of times it's because people have that equipment laying around or have easy free access to it. There's so much of it around, it's a shame it can't be put back to use for FTA.

You don't have to assume everyone is a criminal :p

Well technically, if you are living in the USA you are a criminal. As with all our laws that are in place, it's pretty much impossible to go through a day without breaking the law. Ever drive at least 1 mph over the speed limit? That's an easy one...

Equipment vs services

Bandstacked equipment will work; but really fss dn is same as a linear lnbf; and mounted to dn 30 inch superdish; with correct skew on dish for your area will receive 97W all on one polarity (H) and directly hooked to fss lnbf with out a switch; most receivers will blind scan a channel list of the satellite you aim the dish correctly at!!! Do not use a switch like a dpp44 or even a dp34. Bandstacked lnbf's are splittable using single port power passing hf splitters to multiple receivers (it is bandstacked and because it needs no switches or sw circuit)!!!!!

DN FSS is not the greatest its alright for somethings but not for everything HD MPEG-4 DVB-s2 you need a good lnb to watch HD. PLL lnb's work the best in that situation. For SD on 97w it works out just scan V not both or you get double the amount of channels.

Dan Rose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)