Fta Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

winston

Original poster
Dec 10, 2005
Is the Coolsat 5000 Premium still the Best All Around Fta Receiver to Purchase at this
Time.

Is there any Equipment Reviews on the Coolsat 6000 Yet.

I am from Canada, to Receive Good Signal Quality do you Suggest Purchasing a 90 cm Dish or Bigger.

Does Anybody Know of any New Models that are Coming Out in the Next few months Example: Pansat, Coolsat, Viewsat that will be much Improved with More Options.

There really isn't much of a difference between the Coolsat 5000 & the 6000

The 6000 is in a 4000 box with the same guts as a 5000 (the thing they claim is a faster on screen guide but since 99% of the FTA channels don't have a guide, its a moot point)

Fta Receiver

I am looking to purchase an FTA Receiver do you think the Coolsat 5000 Platinum is still the best FTA Receiver on the Market Place?

What Brand of Dish/Size and Rotor Motor and LNBF should I be Buying?

I love my Coolsat 5000

Since you're north of the 48th Parallel, I would recommend at least a 90 cm dish. I use a Fortec 90cm dish and it works really good (I'm at 45N 93W)

as for motor and LNB, I use a SG2100 motor and an Invacom quad LNB (QPH-031) which can do both circular & linear satellites.

Decisions, decisions. That's like asking 2 different guys, one in a Ford, the other in a Chevy, which is still the best on the market. With another guy in a Dodge standing close by ready to jump on whoever speaks up. Bottom line, the Coolsat 5000 is an excellent choice, but there are equally excellent choices out there. Read the reviews in the FTA/MPEG2 Equipment Review section, and make "your" choice. And trust me, it's a hard choice to make.

Al

FTA Receiver

For Installation of the Dish to the QPH-031 to the Rotor motor and to the Receiver how many Coax Cables do I Need to Run and what Type of Switch do I need to Use?

winston said:
For Installation of the Dish to the QPH-031 to the Rotor motor and to the Receiver how many Coax Cables do I Need to Run and what Type of Switch do I need to Use?

One coax from the house to the motor, out of the motor to a diseqc switch, then two cables to the QPH-031, one to the port labelled C, and one the port labelled L. The other two ports on the diseqc can be used for other stationary dishes if you want. (ex: linear at G10R, circular at 119 or 91 for music, etc.)

Since my mount was out in the yard and had to bury the cables and run through PVC in the concrete I ran 3 coax cables to the dish for spares and future additions. Thank god coax, connectors, ground blocks, etc are free around here... ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)