FTA reciever and Tru2way cable technology

Status
Please reply by conversation.

felice

Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I have a FTA dish and cable tv. I was wondering since Tru2way does not require you to hava a cable box, is it possible in the future a fta reciever will be made that has both a tuner for your fta dish, along with another tuner with tru2way cable tv? This would be a one box solution for your cable service and your fta dish. That would be great!

Most of the hi-def FTA receivers have ATSC (OTA digital) tuners, and some may do the cable version of that (QAM).

I don't see any compelling reason (spelled: dollars & market share) to go much beyond that.
But then, I don't see much reason to have a receiver withOUT a hard drive, so maybe I"m not the best person to listen to. ;)

Most of the hi-def FTA receivers have ATSC (OTA digital) tuners, and some may do the cable version of that (QAM).

I don't see any compelling reason (spelled: dollars & market share) to go much beyond that.
But then, I don't see much reason to have a receiver withOUT a hard drive, so maybe I"m not the best person to listen to. ;)

Could you please tell me a reciever which has the QAM version. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I don't keep up on which has QAM.
But GoSatellite is one of our forum sponsors, and here's their page with most of the HD FTA receivers on the market.
You should be able to go through the specs in 5 minutes.
And if there's not enough info, at least you'll have a manufacturer and brand, and can get more info via Google.

But as for good words for any particular receiver, you'll have to hear from the fellows who own 'em.
None are really something I'd recommend for anyone but the most avid satellite fanatic.
They're just not very mature products.

QAM USB tuner for $40 ?

This isn't actually what you asked for, but since I was looking at 'em tonight and thought of this thread, I figured I'd post.

Two USB ATSC tuners for pretty low price.
Of course, you need to use them with a computer, but maybe that's useful.

KWorld ATSC 310U USB 2.0 HDTV Tuner Box VS-ATSC-310U
KWorld NTSC/ATSC QAM USB 2.0 TV Tuner & Recorder - PC-KW-ATSC-315U

Was wondering what the difference between the two, and think I just found it.
One is QAM, and the other doesn't say. :rolleyes:

This isn't actually what you asked for, but since I was looking at 'em tonight and thought of this thread, I figured I'd post.

Two USB ATSC tuners for pretty low price.
Of course, you need to use them with a computer, but maybe that's useful.

KWorld ATSC 310U USB 2.0 HDTV Tuner Box VS-ATSC-310U
KWorld NTSC/ATSC QAM USB 2.0 TV Tuner & Recorder - PC-KW-ATSC-315U

Was wondering what the difference between the two, and think I just found it.
One is QAM, and the other doesn't say. :rolleyes:

Kworld does QAM only with Total Media software that comes with. I found it not really useful. However OP is asking for a stand alone box. I may sound like thread crapping here :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts