bobsav2001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
St rémi Québec Canada
Hi all.
I am working Amc 5 Galaxy 4 and 18 with Pansat 3500
and Ariza converted to Pariza.
Lot of good stuf like RTN's.... News Feeds etc....
Would like to pick-up Canadian feeds on Anik but they seem
to be scrambled.
What else is good on FTA sats....
Thanks for the reply.

Bobsav 2001....

I think this has been said dozens of times but the Miami locals (from dishnetwork anyway) are on a spotbeam to that area in FL. unless you live very close to that you won't be able to pick them up. No idea if they are still unscrambled or not anyway, but you'd need to be close to Miami, and have a circular lnbf too.

I will go to Montreal next week and see what i can find.They have a lot of receivers used and new.Will let you know if i can find something.By the way excuse my English because i am French from Quebec....Thanks for the info....Bob....

No problem Bob. Any old S*choice reciever will probably work. Not a whole lot of French programming there though, if thats what your looking for. Best bet for French on the Anik bird is C-band, and then its the CBC/RDS/TVA stuff you probably get OTA anyhow :(

I have all french channels with cable network.My c band 10 ft mesh dish was destroyed by a storm 5 years ago.So i will stay with Ku band.I have 3 36 inches Fortec dishes one for each sat G 10 now G18 Amc 5 for feeds and Amc 4 on a discq sw. A DN 500 110 119 and 1 on Nimiq 91 lot of coax comming in....

They are 'fixed-key' DCII channels that can only be picked up with a previously subbed S*C box, not with a regular FTA reciever. I have an old S*C box that I use to get them.

Oh contraire, my Visionsat scanned them right in and they are not scrambled. Check out Lyngsat (Anik F1R, 107.3W). One is just a Preview channel so I guess you could say it's really eight FTA.

Jeep, what channels are you getting? The last I checked I could get the free ones such as Access, BCLA and Knowledge when I used an ex sub *C box and a few feeds (mostly in 4:2:2) with a dvb box.

Oh contraire, my Visionsat scanned them right in and they are not scrambled. Check out Lyngsat (Anik F1R, 107.3W). One is just a Preview channel so I guess you could say it's really eight FTA.

Starchoice is on KU Band, not C-Band ;)

There are some free channels on C-Band

Jeep, what channels are you getting? The last I checked I could get the free ones such as Access, BCLA and Knowledge when I used an ex sub *C box and a few feeds (mostly in 4:2:2) with a dvb box.

Since there really wasn't anything on there I was interested in keeping I deleted it from the Visionsat and the 4DTV. If I get a chance I'll try and find the bird with the 4DTV again and scan with the Visionsat again to see if I can capture them. Sorry if I'm causing any confusion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts