is my computer strong enough

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rsa72

Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
I hope I am in the right forum do not want to get in trouble, but I have a compaq intel celeron processor 356 with a navida 7200 grafic card. I was wondering if it can handle a dvb tuner card and do 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 hd. I love the feeds. I also have an 85cm dish with a sg2100 motor. Thanks in advance.

I'm able to view regular 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 feeds on a celeron 500 with 128mb of ram. It doesn't have enough horsepower to do HD though. For HD, you want something in the 1.3 gb range as a minimum.

I hope I am in the right forum do not want to get in trouble, but I have a compaq intel celeron processor 356 with a navida 7200 grafic card. I was wondering if it can handle a dvb tuner card and do 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 hd. I love the feeds. I also have an 85cm dish with a sg2100 motor. Thanks in advance.

Hi, you did not say what your CPU speed is but a quick google on "celeron processor 356" says it is a 3.33 GHz. That may well be enough to run HD.

How much memory are you running? What do you have for audio?

While I have not tried to run HD on my setup it runs SD so easily that I think it might handle HD. I can watch TV and surf the web at the same time with no problems The CPU usage averages around 15%

So you have something to compare with my setup:

P6NGM-FD MB with 1.6 GHz dual core, 1 GH ram, Nvidia 7100, XP Pro, ProgDVB, SS2 PCI DVB card.

BTW - where are you finding HD on Ku? I thought all the FTA HD was on C-band? What feeds am I missing?

Thanks, DC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts