FTA Setup Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pboggs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Kentucky
Sorry if a similar question has already been answered, but I just got my first FTA dish and receiver and I have been unable to pick up anything but Echostar satellites.

First, here's my setup: Winegard DS2076 stationary dish, DS922 linear LNB, and Coolsat 5000 receiver. I also have a triple LNB adapter for additional satellites, but right now it's not connected, and I'm just trying to access one satellite throught the center lnb.

I'm trying to get KU programming from Galaxy 18, Galaxy 27, or Anik F1R, none of which are listed as available sats on the installation menu. I have tried editing Galaxy 10R to pick up Galaxy 18 with no success. I also tried adding new sats for Galaxy 18 and Anik F1R and editing the tp values, but still the same result. I get signal values of 92 to 99, but quality hovers from around 5 to 25, and I am unable to get a locked signal. Echostar sats lock fine with high signal and quality values, but no luck on the others. My guess is that I'm doing something wrong when I try to edit/create Galaxy 18 and Anik F1R in the setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't have to change anything, on G10 unless the name change bothers you, the channels are still there. Have you set the satellite up in the menu? Use 10750 for LO, local oscill freq for the linear sats. You may not have your dish aimed close enough yet, picking up echostars is very easy as they put out so much more power. If you think you're pointing at 123, run a blind scan again with that LO freq for G10 and see if you get anything. If so, you can post the channel info, somebody here will help figure out where you are.

Thanks for the help. I also forgot to adjust the skew on the LNB. After a few adjustments and a blind scan I now have a few (but not all) channels on G18 with signal quality in the 70s. I'll try again later to fine tune.

By the way, one of the channels I'm picking up is RTN. I thought it went extinct on G18.

pb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)