Is the New Retrojams Screenbug Annoying?

Is the new Retrojams screenbug annoying?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I don't care about provider branding of content - more icons /graphics on the screen the better.

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

guapoharry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
32ºN 111ºW
I'm glad Retrojams is back but what's the deal with that screen bug?

I'm not calling for them to be eliminated, but couldn't they be a little smaller and/or more transparent?

Last edited:
(Putting on Flame-proof Suit) No I like it fine. I was so hacked off, when they took off Retro last time, I was ready to re-point that dish somewhere else. Like I said in another thread, there's still plenty of old TV up there...I missed my RetroJams!:cool:

Although probably not quite what you are talking about, but acording to the link it was, TBN used to have a B/W banner with the phone number (714-731-1000) on it most of the time. After awhile we could see the phone number on the screen, regardless of what channel we were watching. --- AND when they repositioned the phone number, we saw 2 copies!

I haven't seen it but I voted yes because I find all bugs, popups and other screen clutter annoying.

ditto:

... I voted yes because I find all bugs, popups and other screen clutter annoying.
I've seen one somewhere, with one bug over another older one.

If they want to bring it up for a minute on the hour, or every time they come back from or go to commercial, or some other limited time, I won't complain.
But, permanent visually annoying bugs are in need of RAID ... or Windex!

Although probably not quite what you are talking about, but acording to the link it was, TBN used to have a B/W banner with the phone number (714-731-1000) on it most of the time. After awhile we could see the phone number on the screen, regardless of what channel we were watching. --- AND when they repositioned the phone number, we saw 2 copies!

Any CRT based TV will suffer from burn in with a stationary image......I try to steer clear of anything with a non moving image on my rear projection TV, they are especially prone to it as they use 7" CRTs at extremely high brightness.
That's my only beef with banners etc.
I also freak out when something is in 4:3 aspect ratio and my set is 16:9........don't want those bars there all the time!

I generally dislike all of the scren bugs but this one is too large!

We used to call them DOG's (Digital Onscreen Graphics). They are annoying and a known "burn" causer but what's really annoying are the all too common animated promos that pop up on the lower third of the screen while you're trying to enjoy the show/movie you're watching. The FCC needs to start counting them against allowed commercial time. I was watching an NFL game on CBS and they were actually scrolling a banner across the bottom of the screen, during the game, hawking merchandise for sale on their website. That's going too far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.