fta setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chris1123

Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Im trying to setup true fta galaxy 25 at 97W. I have a 30" dish with a linear lnb and a receiver. The problem is the receiver has a modify bin on it. Will it work like it is to get this satellite or do I need to go back to factory default bin???

I wonder which receiver do you have?

I'd say the modified bins probably do FTA okay, as a general rule.
There may be specific exceptions, of course.

If you've never seen the receiver work at all, then I'd be more suspicious that someone loaded a defective (or for the wrong receiver) file onto it.
For that reason alone, I'd feel more comfortable restoring the factory default firmware, then doing a full factory reset.

When setting up FTA for the first time, there are so many variables.
Any little thing can bite you in the butt.
So, eliminating any of them helps.
Nobody in their right mind would help you if they knew you had a non-factory flash.
Reason being, they can't be absolutely positive it's not a contributing factor.

Thanks, I know the receiver works I just never set it up for true fta. I have a pansat 2500a. If I go into menu there is an option for factory settings, it will clear it back to factory setting. Also when you start for the first time will it show me a list of satellite or will I have to make some kind of list? Can I plug my satellite dish and aim for a satellite and watch the signal meter on the pansat? Im trying to get galaxy25 97W 12152H tp26 any help on how to set this up would be great???

Also when you start for the first time will it show me a list of satellite or will I have to make some kind of list?
I have the 1500 (little brother) so its easy to set up
-antenna setup (enter password of 0000)
-antenna setup
-on the left side are all the satellites. Select IA5....may still say T5. You must select it to put it in the "list"

Can I plug my satellite dish and aim for a satellite and watch the signal meter on the pansat? Im trying to get galaxy25 97W 12152H tp26 any help on how to set this up would be great???

thats how I aim all my dishes. Bring up the 12152 transponder. Make sure the LNB is the right type (standard or Uiversal) and aim away :)

Thanks, what do I select in the lnb type? I have a ku universal lnbf. i have a universal 1 and universal 2 choice?

I can't seem to get any signal? The level is always 27% quality 0 even when there is no cable...Could someone give me the information thats suppose to be at the right side of antenna selection like skew, etc, etc. Also Im only running 1 30" dish with a linear lnb do I have to have a switch?

I can't seem to get any signal? The level is always 27% quality 0 even when there is no cable...Could someone give me the information thats suppose to be at the right side of antenna selection like skew, etc, etc. Also Im only running 1 30" dish with a linear lnb do I have to have a switch?

Make sure you connect the cable, if the receiver is connected directy to the LNB at the dish then you are using no switch, if you have multiple dishes or LNB's then you are using a switch.

I have a Pansat 2700 and a 3500 and the menues are the same for them, I am not sure if it is the same for the 2500 but I think it should be similar.

Go into "antenna setup" select the satellite you want to uses, in you case it is "galaxy 25 at 97W", it might have a different name.

Change the "LNB type" to "Universal 1" if you are using a LNB with a LO of 10600 and pick "Universal 2" if your lnb's LO is 10750.
(What LNB do you have, brand? model number?) Most (Not all) universal LNBs have a low of 10600 so pick Universal 1.

That should be all you have to change for right now.

Use Universal 1 for the LNB type

If all you have is 27% on the signal strength then there is an issue with the cable or LNB connection. If there is power to the LNB the signal strength should be 65+

The level stays at 27% even if theres no satellite connected? The receiver has been working, just now trying to get true free to air with a ku linear lnb, before was using a dish500 with a circular lnb.

The level stays at 27% even if theres no satellite connected? The receiver has been working, just now trying to get true free to air with a ku linear lnb, before was using a dish500 with a circular lnb.

Around 25% - 35%, For the Pansats it doesn't really matter what the signal level is, everything is about the Quality level.

Sounds like you may need to switch the LNB type to linear on the receiver. That or perhaps the modified firmware is getting in the way. Not sure if the modified firmware is intended to work with legit FTA as opposed to "other" types of programming that we do not discuss here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)