FTA with DISH Network dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

poppasnoop

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
I have no knowledge about FTA satellite, so forgive my ignorance. I saw an ad for a FTA receiver, and it mentioned picking up programming at several satellite locations, including 110 and 119. Since this is the same as my DISH network satellite, could I use my existing DISH satellite to receive FTA signals with a FTA receiver? This would be in addition to my active DISH network account.:confused:

other than nasa, angel one and a couple preview channels, no. The dish is too small for FTA legally

Those "ads" are illegally getting Dish Network by downloading illegal software into the box to try and get around the encryption which mainly doesnt work (and we dont talk about that here) :)

What size dish would I need for FTA. Also, what I the best fixed position to point it at, since I cannot have a rotor, and my two DISH network dishes attached to our front porch are pressing the limits of my wife's agreeability?:D Thanks again for your patience.

You need to have a 31" dish or larger (39" is a good size since it is the largest dish you can have without HOA problems).

Do you want to watch feeds, international programing or US "local" channels? (A motorized setup is really the best way to go)

I am looking for local US channels, especially ones that televise any sports, and also Spanish language programming. I must admit that it is mainly a hobby.

Thanks. Is there a link or a thread that explains an easy way to do this? Also, could it explain what G10 and G18 mean?:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts