Status
Please reply by conversation.

monlover

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
California, Ventura
:confused:Hi,
I live in California and trying to get Galaxy 25 at 97 west.

I got a receiver Captive works 800, and fta dish with universal single lnb.

I already have a dish network connected to two receivers at two rooms.
how I can connect the additional fta receiver to one room using the same Goaxial cable running from home junction box to the specific room.

after searching a lot and visiting so many forums I guess it is can be done using mulit Diseqc2 port, multi switch, diplexer but what specs and what short of plan I have to follow.

Thank you in advance. :)

Save yourself time and trouble and just keep it seperate.

thank you for the reply,
I'm not trying to go fancy, but the HOA (home owner association) ready to fine us if we drill the wall.

Thanks.

The Dish receiver and FTA receiver cannot share the same cable. They use the same set of frequencies. What you can do is put the FTA receiver in the area where the "home junction box" is and feed it's channel 3 output across the cable via diplexers. You can then flip to channel 3 on your tv and see the FTA receiver. With an IR extender you will be able to control it as well.

The Dish receiver and FTA receiver cannot share the same cable. They use the same set of frequencies. What you can do is put the FTA receiver in the area where the "home junction box" is and feed it's channel 3 output across the cable via diplexers. You can then flip to channel 3 on your tv and see the FTA receiver. With an IR extender you will be able to control it as well.
ok,

up floor has the junction box, dish network receiver.
The dish network tech used Diplexer to connect the sat singanl and tv signal before jnunction box and after at up room and down room

now if I need to add FTA do I need a diseqc since I have tow sat signals?
also at dwon room I do not have FTA receiver all I need is signal.

Thanks.

IF you have a diagram I would appriciated.

How I can do it using the same cable.
the first floor has the dish network receiver also.

The dish network tech used Diplexer to connect the sat singanl and tv signal before jnunction box and after at up room and down room

IF you have a diagram I would appriciated.
Check the drawing attached to the first post on this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/158962-equipment-drawings-post-yours.html

I think you might need to run the TV signal through the FTA receiver first, then to the diplexers to each room and the TVs.

The FTA receiver would output on channel 3 or 4 whenever you use the TV/Video (or similar) button the FTA receiver. I don't know if the receiver filters out any existing channel 3 signal. If that doesn't work due to interference you might need a digital modulator (check a sponsor's site) that will let you put on the output of the FTA receiver on an unused TV channel.

I will try to make it easy.
all I need is to watch dish netwrok and fta channels.
I will not have any cable tv.

I can guess buy using disqeqc and diplexer I can do it but what is the plan.

if you can send any diagram. Iwill appriciated.

Thank you.

I can guess buy using disqeqc and diplexer I can do it but what is the plan.

if you can send any diagram. Iwill appriciated.

See if this makes sense.

Attachments

• diplexer.jpeg
    diplexer.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 211
Connection question

:confused:HI,
thanks for the reply,
can I add a splitter at the white area between at your diagram which is between the green and blue ares to feed two rooms??

also, in regards to the connection to the TV ( I know may be it is a dumb question) according to your diagram at the blue area, if you connect the diplexer to the tv, how you will connect the dish ceceiver to the same tv.

Thanks.

:confused:HI,
thanks for the reply,
can I add a splitter at the white area between at your diagram which is between the green and blue ares to feed two rooms??

No, but you can split the RF channel 3 from the FTA *before* the first diplexer and diplex it onto a line into another room. Then both would see channel 3. The reason you can't split it afterwards is you could be splitting the Dish signal also.

also, in regards to the connection to the TV ( I know may be it is a dumb question) according to your diagram at the blue area, if you connect the diplexer to the tv, how you will connect the dish ceceiver to the same tv. Thanks.
I was assuming your Dish receiver was connected via composite or svideo. If the Dish receiver is *also* on channel 3 then you would run the output of the diplexer to the RF or TV/antenna input on the Dish receiver and leave the RF output to the TV like it is.

It would be a lot easier to explain if *you* diagrammed what you have setup on your end.

Gillham,
I can see it is getting more and more fun.
Please see my attachement and let me know if I got it right.
please note:
No more cable channels needed, only dish network and fta
I hope diplexers I will be buying at elictronic stores is compatble with dish network
at all diplexers, will be using the sat port for fta and vhf port for dish network
at room one, will be usnig composite cables to connect fta to tv, and regular channel 3 to connect dish netwrok.

Thanks.

Attachments

• fta UPDATE.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 174
Please see my attachement and let me know if I got it right.

You can't combine the DN & FTA satellite feeds on the same cable with a diplexer as they are using the same frequencies. (950mhz - 2150mhz) You can only combine TV channels (54mhz - 890mhz) with the DN or FTA satellite side. So you need to have the FTA receiver before the first diplexer and then put its output on channel 3 throught the diplex or splitter.

I thought your cables from the two dishes were running into a "home junction box" not into each room seperately?

FTA diagram

Hi,
Please see attached update.

yes, I have a home junction box at up stairs room( see red circle)
but according to he new diagram, I have to run the FTA sat cable out side the wall to get to the fta receiver, and later on I have to take it back to the junction box to share the same cable to travel to the down floor.
Please let me know if I have missed something.

can you tell me if there is a tester as to figure out which cable belongs to which room. I mean something smeller to dealing with cat 5 cables.

where to find IR extender. I can not find them at sadon web site.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• fta UPDATE #2.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 134
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)