Red Notice on RTN Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Looks like Equity has hit a brick wall with Luken Communications. This can't be good for RTN's future. Quite a few RTN channels are down. :(

It seems that most of the RTN and Univision channels have that screen on G18, G3, and G28.

The other networks seem un-affected. My, Fox, ABC, and Daystar are all still there.

We'll have to wait and see what gives. :eek:

Looks like 2009 is going to be a time of change from the norm for many things :(

Here is the red screen.

Hopefully this is not the end of RTN, it was my favorite FTA network.

Attachments

• rtn.png
    rtn.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 1,392
Here in MI where I live, RTN was 7.2 OTA and they have the same screen up. Too bad since it was fun watching programming from when I was a kid (assuming it's really gone).

However (and off topic), maybe that bandwidth can go back to ABC's main OTA feed now. :)

I was afraid of this happening sometime. They have been in financial trouble for a bit lately. I sure hope something can be worked out though. Just like everyone else so far, I love RTN. Sure hope they can work out something.

The local mytv (seems same as RTN) station in Florence S.C. 13-2, has the same red screen message as of this Sunday morning. Bummer:(

Bummer. it is in "red screen" mode on WJLA in Washington, DC, also. It had been my most watched station for over a month.

I have to wonder if it was economically viable. The programming rights cost had to be near zero, but the advertising revenue must have been very small. After all, these are the thirty year old shows that didn't do well enough to even stay on TV Land. If this was not viable, then does that mean that the locals will just carry one more infomercial subchannel.

There was or is another similar rerun channel starting out whose name escapes me. Is it off the ground yet?

Currently, I am only seeing the "red screen of death" on 6 channels on G18 (4 on 11718, 1 on 11798, and 1 one 12111). Has this number changed since earlier today/last night?

this sucks... and not just FTA folks either, RTN is off on my dish network local channel 13 out of St Louis.... This was the main channel that my dad watched cause he hates TV land going to a more "MTV" like approach... could be war at my house if RTN isn't on by 3pm tomorrow afternoon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.