Red Notice on RTN Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't quite follow what this means. Care to explain?

most of the shows on RTN are syndicated (as some newer shows)...and each market can claim syndex which blacks it out on other stations...so RTN just customizes it for each market

example....Little House on the Prairie was on RTN but in Green Bay, WI (where there is a RTN afiiliate) WLUK (Fox) had that rights to that show. So RTN couldnt show Little House in Green Bay

Another (older) example....I use to live in Duluth, MN and we had a UPN affiliate on cable (when they were still around) that was from Minneapolis (180 miles away)..during the day when those talk shows and judge shows were on we would see a grey screen with "due to FCC regulations we must black out this program" because local channels in the market (ABC, CBS, NBC) had the rights to those programs. Sure Maury was on at 2:00 in the morning on NBC but they held the rights so I couldnt see it cable at noon

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

These things are complicated, aren't they?
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syndication_exclusivity"]Syndication exclusivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I see that the RTN channels are back to individual schedules instead of just being on the national feeds. Dennis

Rtn channel I called that number off of g10 talked to a nice gentleman stated that they moved to amc 9 it took me off /on 3 days to find the sat but found only one rtn channel is that all there is on amc 9 is one channel

There's two channels on AMC9, they scan as RTN EAST and RTN WEST, same programming delayed for west coast time zone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts