Red Notice on RTN Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have it on in the background but muted in my office. Are they showing commercials, if not then that would explain the start times. I haven't been paying any attention, except when I am on hold listening to all that great elevator music!

Anyone else notice the phone number changed to a toll free number on the red screen of death?

Anyone call it? I'm thinking about it.

I tried calling it and got a message saying the party I was calling had a voice mail box that had not yet been set up good bye.

Last edited:
Calls to Lukken re: RTN

I tried calling it and got a message saying the party I was calling had a voice mail box that had not yet been set up... good bye.

I too called, but it was the original phone number where I talked to a very nice lady who answered the line. I told her I understood they were back "on the air" with a new satellite frequency, however, word has apparently not gotten to our local affiliate in Mobile, AL because we were seeing a black screen on the DTV channel where we had been seeing RTN. She told me they were aware of the problem, that Alabama had not yet been restored and "we are working on it."

Seems to me all it would take is a simple phone call or fax to the local station telling them the new frequency, but they probably haven't thought of that idea yet! :eek: DUH!

yes, they are showing commercials.

I have it on in the background but muted in my office. Are they showing commercials, if not then that would explain the start times. I haven't been paying any attention, except when I am on hold listening to all that great elevator music!

Just finished watching Rockford Files and now Adam-12 is on. Matches up with Titan and is normal times. My local sub ch and KBZT on G10 are the same.

Weak is an understatement. This thing is borderline joke. I think they need to stop using an uplink truck to uplink it and get a real uplink set up :(

Uplink truck or not doesn't matter. There are other considerations when uplinking something and they probably couldn't be taken care of on a weekend.

I haven't checked since Sunday to see if the signal is stronger, but I woudln't be surprised if it is because things could have been taken care of on Monday.

They should do a link budget of what needs to go out that will be stable for there affiliates. They need to take into consideration rain fade etc when choosing the uplink dish. A 6 foot dish running at 25% saturation of the transponder ain't gonna cut it.

Just saw a wee bit of Closing Remarks on the Equity channels -- not a big surprise, but Unreliable Sources won't be on the Equity channels anymore, and Jason's not doing Closing Remarks any more.

Also -- I'm racking my brain trying to remember the name of Gary's show about 3 years back.....

Well my local sub channel is showing McHales Navy instead of Rockford files like the guide shows. It went to a commercial and had an id as MY RETRO TV. THen of course it showed the normal commercials that we all know so well :)

THANKS! All I could remember was the woman silhouette with a "?" on her.

Just my two cents, but I'm guessing the Titan guides and the like are going to be pretty inaccurate for while on all former and current RTN/MrTV channels.

OOOh...good acronym Lusken can use - "MR. TV" -- Now if I can just get a nickel every time they use it....

So, let's recap. The channels on G10 ku at tp's 11720 and 11800 are still up, but not showing RTN programming, correct? Or some are and some aren't? And, are the signals still weak?

I'm going to my hunting cabin this weekend and want to get things aligned correctly on my stationery dish. Thanks! :)

So, let's recap. The channels on G10 ku at tp's 11720 and 11800 are still up, but not showing RTN programming, correct?
correct

Or some are and some aren't?
none are showing RTN. Equity & RTN has a split but RTN is still out there on G18 (12114 TP) but its one feed

And, are the signals still weak?
nope. They're still strong.

I'm going to my hunting cabin this weekend and want to get things aligned correctly on my stationery dish. Thanks! :)
If its already on G10/18 you'll be fine

The "RTN National Backup" channel is back on this evening. "Extra" just went off, "TMZ" is on now. I didn't happen to catch the station break, so I don't know just what it is.
This morning KBZT had a still picture of (I think) Burgess Meredith with the audio from "Leave It To Beaver" playing!

Edit: Showing Montana commercials on the RTN Nat Backup and the programming matches KBZT listings on TitanTV.

The "RTN National Backup" channel is back on this evening. "Extra" just went off, "TMZ" is on now. I didn't happen to catch the station break, so I don't know just what it is.
This morning KBZT had a still picture of (I think) Burgess Meredith with the audio from "Leave It To Beaver" playing!
KBZT was renamed WOI when WOI-DT2 had RTN...NOw its the RTN East feed (same as on AMC9)

Edit: Showing Montana commercials on the RTN Nat Backup and the programming matches KBZT listings on TitanTV.

RTN Nat'l Backup is blank screen now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)