Red Notice on RTN Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WNGS station ID

is not showing any signs of RTN at 7PM tonight, just plain banner. Knight Rider is not on, Lee Van Cleef in "Escape from Death Row" is on.

Sad Day

SatBoyz

WKRG-DT3 here is now just a black screen. Nice!

Nothing on their website about it either. Glad I read about it here!

Uhg.. Wish I had a motor or more than one dish. Love to move over to AMC-3.. but hate to lose the MY networks on G18. I do pick up my31 Springfield OTA not too bad, but not as good as the satellite. Too bad Equity is in such trouble. I kind of dreaded this situation maybe coming sometime.
I don't know if it's poor management, or they bit off more than they could chew with all the stations they own... but it sure seems like there are tons of people who enjoyed the programming. I just hope all works out.

If they expect to have FTA users as viewers they will have to do something with that uplink. Being at threshold in perfect conditions just don't cut it. Mine was working until mother nature changed from perfect clear skys to whatever. It has been pixalating very badly and for the most part is unwatchable. I think it has to do with it raining at Luken's facility in Tenn. I read a report on another forum that a guy was using a 9 meter dish at work on a Pansat and only getting a 40 to 45 quality. So I guess we all need 20 foot dishes for reliability. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larobpra
"Emergency" is also on KBZT on G18. Dragnet was on 5:30-6. At the top of the hour they had a "MY RETRO TV" logo on.
that channel was until yesterday WOI-DT2 :)
WBZT (as it shows on the MercII) and WOI(Visionsat) both have the red screen this morning. It appears they have changed the contact info.
What was interesting was that the usual stations that carry "Unreliable Sources" and "Closing Remarks" all had the latter on at 11:00 eastern time last night instead of midnight.

I know that as via OTA Tampa WFLA is showing RTN via Digital Sub 8.2 labeled 8 Prime but does have the rtn logo in the bottom. Been active since yesterday.

The Continuing Saga of RTN, Eqiuty and Luken

Here is a news article on RTN and Luken...

No ‘Good Times’ For RTN After Distribution Spat

Retro channel back on after yesterday?s 3 ? hour blackout.

By Michael Malone -- Broadcasting & Cable, 1/5/2009 5:09:00 PM

A feud between former RTN owner Equity Media Holdings Corporation (EMHC) and current owner Luken Communications saw the retro TV digital channel go dark for some 3 1/2 hours early Sunday morning. Equity Media had sold RTN, which airs the likes of Leave it to Beaver and The Rockford Files, to Luken Communications in June for $25 million, and had the option to buy it back by Dec. 24.

Equity has handled distribution services for RTN under a contract that expired Dec. 24, and was extended another week. But when Equity and Luken principal Henry Luken failed to come to terms on a deal for Equity to retake control of the network, Equity--citing the end of its contract--ceased its distribution role with RTN.

Working from a new operations center in Chattanooga, Luken scrambled to get a national feed back in place for RTN’s 80-plus affiliates, which include WJLA Washington and WNWO Toledo, some which insert local content. He said the feed was up within 3 ½ hours of RTN going dark, and that stations’ individual feeds will be in place in a week or so.

Henry Luken remains a major shareholder in Equity Media, which filed for bankruptcy in Little Rock last month.

Equity Media released a statement over the weekend stating that its service agreement with RTN had ended. “EMHC attempted to coordinate a seamless transition but despite repeated attempts to communicate with Luken Communications representatives, it received no response,” it read.

Equity also announced in the statement that its stations that had aired RTN will no longer do so.Those stations include WNGS Buffalo and KKYK Little Rock. An Equity spokesperson said the company was no longer authorized to air RTN on its stations, but that something might be worked out down the road to bring RTN programming back to Equity stations.

Luken says he’ll continue to ingest RTN affiliates’ customized content over the next few days. “It’s been a crazy 48 hours, though I did get a 4-hour nap,” he says. “But we’ve got a good crew here.”

Thanks to Rick at Rick's Satellite

Anyone else notice the phone number changed to a toll free number on the red screen of death?

Anyone call it? I'm thinking about it.

It seems from the comments here that most local cable companies have managed to reacquire the source transmissions, so it is most likelythat the only thing preventing your cable company from acquiring it can now be remedied at their end. I'd call your local cable company armed with whatever knowledge you can glean from this thread, to make sure someone at the local level knws it is up to them to arrange to reacquiore the signals.

WBZT (as it shows on the MercII) and WOI(Visionsat) both have the red screen this morning. It appears they have changed the contact info.
What was interesting was that the usual stations that carry "Unreliable Sources" and "Closing Remarks" all had the latter on at 11:00 eastern time last night instead of midnight.

hmmmmmm....last night one had RetroJams (former KBZT) and WOI-DT2 had RTN on it...have to check at home tonight :)

My local sub channel - KWWL 7.3 is showing Emergency right now :) The guide shows it should be on at 3pm. I also see KBZT is showing Emergency right now. I see a few channels are showing the correct progrms - Divorce Court / Springer BUT I am getting a real low signal on them. - All on G10 I might add. Some tp's are booming - others seem real low :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)