Red Notice on RTN Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had to bump the dish around to get it, but it's there. The Traxis shows it at FR 11735, SR 4430. I am willing to bet that our man TvroPro has made a typo. If he's anything like me, nobody told him he had to know how to type whrn he took this job, right Tv?

I did not do a typo I show on my Pansat 4.440 SR, Down Freq 11735 I got it somewhat stabilized but its a bear, bouncing between 14-32 mostly 28 to 30Q Still haven't tightened everything down yet though.

Edited to say: tried 4.430 that seems to work too on the Pansat Maybe we should split the difference :D

Last edited:
That is what I thought :( Will keep trying.

Try Freq, 11824, SR 4324 I'm in the 70's on that, it will help get you on bird and stabilized. Then after that's maxed look for RTN, You will go nuts trying to look for RTN first. Good Luck :)

I did not do a typo I show on my Pansat 4.440 SR, Down Freq 11735 I got it somewhat stabilized but its a bear, bouncing between 14-32 mostly 28 to 30Q Still haven't tightened everything down yet though.

Someone else indicated they had it locked @ 4440 yesterday, also.

I'm not even getting a whiff of it here, but getting good quality on other tps, was wondering:

I'm using USALS to move my dish (3ABN .9m, DG380, Visionsat IV-200), is there a way to make fine movements ("bump the dish"") with USALS?

If not, can I change my setup to DiSEcQ control for that individual satellite, and then bump it? :confused:

If I bump the dish with my motor one click to either side of where USALS has it, I lose signal completely. So it is one of the weaker ones I've seen.

Weak is an understatement. This thing is borderline joke. I think they need to stop using an uplink truck to uplink it and get a real uplink set up :(

I manually entered it, put it as H for polarity and then bumped the dish around. I did get a strong signal - showed up as channel 304 but there is no video or sound. So I think I must have bumped it too far and am on another bird.

thats 89W Larry....There is a transpnder there of 11734 HG4500

Weak is an understatement. This thing is borderline joke. I think they need to stop using an uplink truck to uplink it and get a real uplink set up :(

If you read all the links you can find about the new command center, --- you may be right about the uplink truck! I expect the new company will get something better on line shortly. From one of the posts, the "advisor" may be intent on deestroying BOTH companies - Is it Charlie?

Well I finally get RTNEAST and RTNWEST to scan in! BUT, I am only getting 29% as my top quality on my Merc II = no go :(

Play with it Im only getting 28-30Q here on the Pansat and it's stable. Borderline but stable.

Every dish adjustment has to be dead nuts on including skew. Even though its working here I would like higher quality.

Well I actually got to hear audio and see breaking picture. I have been "tweaking" for over 2 hours now.....I got it the best I can :(

What size dish are you using? Are you just running the motor or physically making adjustments? My dish is stationary and was a real PITA to get it locked on. It took me like 3 actual hours of work although I've been playing since 9am CST.

Well RTN is back on my end :) I ended up with about the same as everyone else borderline but stable approx 30Q on the Pansat. It was very touchy but all in all that is good because when they bump it up down the road (I can't see them leaving it this way especially on ku) I'm right on bird.

Equity is playing it looks like something from WSTV on there channels right now, Simon & Simon is on RTN.

My clients are going to hate me since I've been blowing them off this morning and working on my dish, oh well time to get to work. Good luck to all with gettting RTN up again :)

I think I will leave well enough alone. I get from 30w to 148w with everything tweaked to near perfection. I "might" go fiddle with the lnb skew but otherwise I think I am better off leaving everything alone :) I don't want to have to haul the tv and receiver and other gear out in the snow and ice if I mess something up :)

direcway dish

Since it quit raining for 30min I took my tv and power out to the dish-nest and moved my direcway dish off H2 and over to AMC9 just for grins. Only getting 40/40 on my motorized 1m with the red lnb, thought I'd see if the d'way could do anything close to that.
After some intensely slow dish moving and bolt turning I got the 2 color bar channels in about 75/75 and RTN didn't want to show up! I was using the traxis 3500, 4440 wasn't getting it, changed the SR to 4430 and it popped in fast then.
After changing skew twice, and retightening everything, my signals matched, or beat the 1m just a bit, but not enough to make much difference. 40/40 on RTN E and 40/48-50 on RTN West. But I did learn that the d'way dish and orig lnb can run a dang close second to a 1m primestar. Not bad.
Tomorrow if its dry I may stick an 84e on that pole just for curiosity. My spare 1m is pointed at AMC4 right now and I don't wanna mess with it.
MORE POWER MR SCOTT!!!!!!!!

EDIT>I forgot to change the port settings on my switch when I came back inside, the real readings Im getting on the D'way are 40/56, on both RTN feeds on A9, little better Q than my motorized after all.

There may be other factors at work here. I have been doing some research on digital subchannels around the country, and simultaneously ran across a note that the FCC is demanding that Equity get their digital transmitters on the air by February 17th. All analog transmitters must be turned off by February 17, and a bankruptcy filing is no excuse....if the digital is not on, nothing will be on come February 18th. The following stations have been noted in a database that they will be going silent on February 17:

TeleFutura KUTF-Salt Lake City

Univision WNYI-Ithaca and KUOK-Oklahoma City

My Network TV KWBM-Springfield, KPBI-Fort Smith

RTN WNGS-Buffalo KKYK-Little Rock KQUP-Spokane KWWF-Waterloo
WBIF-Panama City

FOX WMQF-Marquette KBTZ-Butte KLMN-Great Falls KMMF-Missoula

If all of this pans out, there will be a point where they may not have any TV stations to sell or use as collateral to do any financing. Take them off the air, and a clock starts ticking against the license. Keep it off the air, and the license is revoked. So somebody needs to install digital transmitters at these stations or they will be toast.

These are all Equity properties. Non-Equity affiliates are not affected, as long as RTN has something to deliver. But there is a clear line of demarcation between Equity and RTN, and this makes it very clear.

More bad news is coming from Little Rock. The reason that you see KATV-ABC on satellite is for use as a link to make up for the loss of their huge transmission tower nearly a year ago. Another daisy chain of events caused by the FCC digital transitioni will happen in 2 or 3 weeks. KATV used to be on channel 7 VHF.
They have a digital license for UHF 22 and it will be fired up in late January, which will then free up VHF channel 7 for its new occupant, the Little Rock PBS affiliate, which is moving from channel 2 analog to channel 7 digital. If digital 22 covers enough territory, there will be little reason to keep it on satellite for very long.

WNGS in Buffalo broadcasts on 38.2 (PSIP 7.2) as a subchannel of WKBW, the ABC affiliate. Eventually they are supposed to end up on VHF channel 7 after the analog shutdown as their own digital channel, but as far as I know they will remain on 7.2 after the analog shutdown for the time being.

Their analog signal is practically useless anyway...if you're further than 5 or 10 miles from the transmitter you don't get any indication that it's there.

I had to bump the dish around to get it, but it's there. The Traxis shows it at FR 11735, SR 4430. I am willing to bet that our man TvroPro has made a typo. If he's anything like me, nobody told him he had to know how to type whrn he took this job, right Tv?

Jim 4430 SR works on my Pansat too Maybe my NJR LNB is widebanded.

Status
Please reply by conversation.