Red Notice on RTN Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There may be other factors at work here. I have been doing some research on digital subchannels around the country, and simultaneously ran across a note that the FCC is demanding that Equity get their digital transmitters on the air by February 17th. All analog transmitters must be turned off by February 17, and a bankruptcy filing is no excuse....if the digital is not on, nothing will be on come February 18th. The following stations have been noted in a database that they will be going silent on February 17:

TeleFutura KUTF-Salt Lake City

Univision WNYI-Ithaca and KUOK-Oklahoma City

My Network TV KWBM-Springfield, KPBI-Fort Smith

RTN WNGS-Buffalo KKYK-Little Rock KQUP-Spokane KWWF-Waterloo
WBIF-Panama City

FOX WMQF-Marquette KBTZ-Butte KLMN-Great Falls KMMF-Missoula

If all of this pans out, there will be a point where they may not have any TV stations to sell or use as collateral to do any financing. Take them off the air, and a clock starts ticking against the license. Keep it off the air, and the license is revoked. So somebody needs to install digital transmitters at these stations or they will be toast.

These are all Equity properties. Non-Equity affiliates are not affected, as long as RTN has something to deliver. But there is a clear line of demarcation between Equity and RTN, and this makes it very clear.

More bad news is coming from Little Rock. The reason that you see KATV-ABC on satellite is for use as a link to make up for the loss of their huge transmission tower nearly a year ago. Another daisy chain of events caused by the FCC digital transitioni will happen in 2 or 3 weeks. KATV used to be on channel 7 VHF.
They have a digital license for UHF 22 and it will be fired up in late January, which will then free up VHF channel 7 for its new occupant, the Little Rock PBS affiliate, which is moving from channel 2 analog to channel 7 digital. If digital 22 covers enough territory, there will be little reason to keep it on satellite for very long.

One positive thing I've seen is there is programing at 1AM rather than paid programing as usual. Titan tv lists paid programing and I haven't figured out the name of the show I am watching on 7.2 KAZT.

Edit: During a commercial lost video and moment later audio, is this a station problem?

Hope RTN works it out

I sure hope RTN works everything out. I just put my dish, now 3 dishes, together after Thanksgiving and really enjoyed their programming. Maybe I'm missing something but I read that Equity could've bought those stations back in 6 months or something similar to that. Is that still an option? Curious what programs they would put on them. Thanks! Blind:)

I sure hope RTN works everything out. I just put my dish, now 3 dishes, together after Thanksgiving and really enjoyed their programming. Maybe I'm missing something but I read that Equity could've bought those stations back in 6 months or something similar to that. Is that still an option? Curious what programs they would put on them. Thanks! Blind:)
I just got the RG6 ran to the living room TV Saturday evening and hooked the MercuryII up so I could have satellite TV there. Hopefully they can get something worked out like Viacom and TW cable did last week, but I fear that these players may not have the bucks or clout to do it.

Here are more details on the timeline in the Equity-Luken split:

TVNEWSDAY - Financial Dispute Disrupts RTN Diginet

Gives you more of an idea exactly what happened and why..

I hope it gets worked out..A large reason I want to get FTA is access to RTN..

From reading this it looks like if you want RTN now you will have to point at AMC-9 at 83w. I hope they bump that signal up some in the near future. Well time for me to bite the bullet and break the wrenches out and swing the 90cm from AMC-4 to AMC-9, I need my RTN :)

So, is there any RTN station on 83W? if so, what are the Freq? So, i can point there.. or is this too early to ask.. Just wandering..

Thanks

So, is there any RTN station on 83W? if so, what are the Freq? So, i can point there.. or is this too early to ask.. Just wandering..

Thanks

RTN is confirmed on AMC-9 83w at my end just spent about a couple hours in 15 degree temps finding the bird. Duh I had the Diseqc set to the wrong port. Actually found it when I set the diseqc right in about 5 minutes. From what I can see RTN is weak to the point of breakup so far. Im going to try to squeeze every last bit out of it next. Its very touchy on my 90cm Primestar.

Quincy is on now.

RTN East: Freq 11735, SR 4.440 Vpid 32, Apid 33, Pcr 32
West: same as above except Vpid, 37 Apid, 38, Pcr 37

4430 SR also works so try that if 4440 don't :)

Last edited:
I manually entered it, put it as H for polarity and then bumped the dish around. I did get a strong signal - showed up as channel 304 but there is no video or sound. So I think I must have bumped it too far and am on another bird.

I have it at 4430 also. The signal is weak but I'm able to lock on it here with a 60 signal in Colorado with a 36" and Traxis 3500. If I bump the dish with my motor one click to either side of where USALS has it, I lose signal completely. So it is one of the weaker ones I've seen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)