FTA with globecast system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shadowwalker

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 12, 2004
I received a globecast receiver and dish from a customer who switched to dish. I was wondering if I could use the receiver and dish for FTA.

Yes you can, point it at say IA-5, do a factory default reset, then TP. scan and you will get all of the FTA channels, they are not the best box in the world but it will get you started, good luck with it!

When I go to setup and select factort default it asks for a password? The customer lost the remote and does not know the password

Maybe a universal learning remote will work, it can always be used for other things if it not.

Globecast

Ok it has been 3 day and countless hours of four letter words some I even made up. Does anyone have a globecast receiver and dish like this one and used it for FTA. If so how do you set it up for G10R. The LNBF is good as well as the cable. I pointed at IA-5 and got signal and picture. The receiver came setup for this with only 5TP. It looks like I will have to add all the TP manually. Any help will be appreciated

FTA with Globecast

Thanks for all you help guys. I have come to find out that the box is set to globe cast only via eprom. There is no RS-232 connection on the back so I can't flash the chip and add new software to make it a true FTA receiver. Just thought I would try. I should have known that something was wrong when I could swing the dish around to IA-5 and set the EL and in a matter of 2min be up and going. Yet went I try G10R I get a good signal on my Aspen Eagle SSM-22, Channel Master 1007IFD and even called is a favor and used a friends Bird Dog but no luck. I guess I got a new paper weight and a new bird bath. :D
Thanks once again for all your help
Carmen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)