Full Screen Program Guide no longer an option - thanks Dish!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
...I'm more than willing to concede to you your own preferred way of using your Dish hardware; why are you not willing to grant the same to us? That's why they're called preferences, after all.
Why do you feel the need to go on and on and on to perpetuate your displeasure with a change that has occurred? Given the change has occurred, why not look for a way to live with it? Mute the sound was one suggestion. Pause another.

If it's not going to revert to your preference, you can either adapt and move on or continue whining.

BTW, I never said what my "own preferred way" was - in fact, I am also disappointed that Dish removed the option.

Why do you feel the need to go on and on and on to perpetuate your displeasure with a change that has occurred? ...
you can either adapt and move on or continue whining.

In fact, I have obviously been wasting my time trying to explain to you, personally, that I and others were entitled to our opinions. Clearly, anybody who doesn't bow to the wisdom of SaltiDawg is a whiner. As a bit of advice which I am absolutely sure will be rejected out of hand, calling people whiners and ascribing motives to them when you know absolutly nothing about them is not recommended if you want anyone to pay the slightest attention to you. Clearly, others have already formed negative opinions about you. Count me in their number. This conversation ends here.

...This conversation ends here.
As I said, "Why do you feel the need to go on and on and on to perpetuate your displeasure with a change that has occurred? ...
you can either adapt and move on or continue whining." :rolleyes:

I also said, "Why do you feel the need to go on and on and on to perpetuate your displeasure with a change that has occurred? Given the change has occurred, why not look for a way to live with it? Mute the sound..."

If you look at my posts, I've generally tried to be helpful. I just don't suffer fools gladly. (I am not talking about you!)

Last edited:
I've read a lot of this thread and references, but can't find any mention of my receiver model, a DP311. Is this change supposed to happen for this model too?

I noticed in the .pdf file link given on the first page of this long thread:
ReceiverMenuUpdates_EXT.pdf
...satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=66231&d=1306977796
it says that "VIP" receivers are affected. What's a VIP receiver? Is my DP311 a VIP receiver?

It hasn't happened yet, but I received notice of a new software upgrade a couple of days ago which I'm refusing til I find out whether this terrible new change will be made thereby.

Thanks!

I've read a lot of this thread and references, but can't find any mention of my receiver model, a DP311. Is this change supposed to happen for this model too?

I noticed in the .pdf file link given on the first page of this long thread:
ReceiverMenuUpdates_EXT.pdf
...satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=66231&d=1306977796
it says that "VIP" receivers are affected. What's a VIP receiver? Is my DP311 a VIP receiver?

It hasn't happened yet, but I received notice of a new software upgrade a couple of days ago which I'm refusing til I find out whether this terrible new change will be made thereby.

Thanks!

DP311 isn't a VIP receiver. There's no telling when, or if, the DP311 will be affected by this change.

DP311 isn't a VIP receiver. There's no telling when, or if, the DP311 will be affected by this change.
Based partly on your reassurance, I decided to take the risk and allowed the update to proceed for my DP311. It took about 8 minutes and I can verify there was no significant change. My programming guide, favorites, and other options I've checked are still the same as before. :) Old software# P439. New software# P480. Thanks for your help.

I'm still curious how "VIP" receivers is defined. What model numbers or types are involved? In the unlikely event that I decide to switch receivers, I will certainly want to avoid all "VIP" models... :eek:

The VIP receivers are DISH Network's current lineup of HD receivers. The only way to avoid them, if you were to want HD would be with the 411.

I'm still curious how "VIP" receivers is defined. What model numbers or types are involved? In the unlikely event that I decide to switch receivers, I will certainly want to avoid all "VIP" models... :eek:

You may not have a choice. It depends a lot on which sat your HD locals are on.If they are on the earc, you will need a vip receiver. The earc is mpeg4 compression and only the vip series can decode that.

I like it they way it is and never liked full screen. Now, if you want to hide what you were watching when someone (spouse) walks in by hitting the guide button, I guess you are left up the creek. Guide-Guide and video in the right corner is fine. I can see what I want next and my wife is happy to see what she was watching up in the corner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts