Full Time RSN

This is just my opinion but most of what I see them adding as HD Channels are not going to add significant bandwidth in the evening when the available bandwidth is extremely tight. Dish is getting more satellites up in the next year but is locked in for the next 20 months with no $$ increase. Given that I wouldn't look for Dish to dramatically improve sports availability anytime soon.

And with SNY being dropped, instead of part-time HD RSN's we have no-time RSN's. The trend should tell you, Dish doesn't care about the sports fan. Am I wrong? Dish give us back SNY and MSG and soon and prove me wrong. You've got two more weeks and I'm trading up to DirecTV!

Finally, someone started a thread about this. I don't think Dish is aware of it. :rolleyes:

The number of threads on this subject only proves how important it is to dish subscribers.

Exactly, I was just about to post something similar to that. With the number of people complaining about this you would think dish would do something about it.

They won't because they don't give a rats you know what about their costumers! The only dish will change is with a mass exodus of coustomers.

Once my contract ends I will leave, but I'm only a few months into a new contract that I signed before I knew about this crap. At that point I wont care if dish changes, but for now it would be nice if they could try to make their customers happy.

What I also don't get is you can watch a movie anywhere, ie netflix blockbuster, appletv, ect. But your rsn is the only place you can see your local sports team. Why skimp out on that especially when you can pick up a movie anywhere in hd! I don't see your local sports team at redbox! You would think dish would want to give you access to the only place you can see that type of programming!

I mentioned to my wife that a switch to direct would probably mean fewer movie channels. To my surprise her response was oh you mean those channels that play the same ten movies for months and months. This from the movie buff in the house.

This is private enterprise at work. Dish makes the choice about whether to offer HD RSNs full-time. The consumer makes the choice about whether to subscribe to Dish. If sports is a major priority to the consumer, Dish is not the place to be. Look at cable or Direct. If movies and international channels is important to the subscriber, then Dish is the place to be.

Make the choice. In my opinion, the full-time HD RSNs issue has been talked to death. There is nothing left to say.

What I also don't get is you can watch a movie anywhere, ie netflix blockbuster, appletv, ect. But your rsn is the only place you can see your local sports team. Why skimp out on that especially when you can pick up a movie anywhere in hd! I don't see your local sports team at redbox! You would think dish would want to give you access to the only place you can see that type of programming!
This is an excellent and obvious point. I know this subject has been discussed so many times that some are actually ridiculing the subject even being brought up again, but, K9SAT has put the situation into a slightly new light. It seems that going HD RSN's 24/7 would be a good sound business move on Dish'e part. What's the big deal when your subs can get all the movies they want from several places but only you and your direct competition can offer RSN's in HD 24/7. And you're the only one that CHOOSES NOT TO! DUH!

as usual with the anti-dish posts and then you disappear:rolleyes::rolleyes: what happened with your wonderful D as you stated in this thread? http://www.satelliteguys.us/229376-official-dish-fox-ordeal-discussion-thread-33.html#post2342729

These people think we don't follow posts.....

For the posters who are honestly upset about it, I fully understand. But my feelings stand. These threads are getting you no where, unless letting off steam by posting helps. DISH HAS MADE A DECISION. It could not be more obvious. They chose to use the bandwidth for more national HD channels, and Movies. If you are in a contract, get out of it, and take Dish to small claims court if you feel they violated the contract. If not in a contract, SWITCH. I know some of you have not been around a long time, but Dish (Charlie) actually said exactly that at one time. That there are providers who will give you (In that case YES) and Dish is not one of them.

I don't happen to think most people who presently have Dish want sports in HD over the many more national HD channels that Dish carries than Direct. I do think Dish is making room for more HD by moving channels around, and very likely to at least broadcast games in HD. But in reality I think they could do it on the EA, I don't know about the WA.

Last edited:
I have no HD period because Dish Network disqualifies some people from it's nationally advertised promotion. The fine print says you may have to pay for installation and get no HD if you don't pass Dish's screening process. So, I wasn't real pleased to begin with. Then they raised prices, even though they advertised in big letters the first year price and the second year price. Apparently I should just count myself lucky I don't live in New York and get to see my teams in the first place. It sounds like Dish is screwing everyone to one degree or another.

Honestly, I kind of knew Dish Network wasn't the greatest thing ever coming into it. Everyone I knew who'd ever had it dropped it with prejudice and said it was awful. But I couldn't afford cable, and thought "free HD, a locked in low price, my local sports teams, and my favorite news network", I'll give it a shot. Turns out: No free HD, a price hike mitigating some aspects of it's affordability (especially in the second year), wondering how long before I'm almost inevitably stuck not getting my local teams (which is the main reason I subscribe to a television service in the first place), and I may have to drop my package down to something without my favorite news network in the second year due to their price hike,. And I can't quit unless I can raise a massive lump payment to get out of the contract and pay them for nothing. My new Internet service (Unrelated to Dish) isn't going so great either.

Just for once, I'd like a company to stop trying to screw people and just deliver a good product at a good price, without discriminating against certain classes of customers, or changing the deal midway through with price hikes and service issues (Whether it be cutting channels on Dish, or Internet that cuts out all the fricking time). Oh, but then they wouldn't be able to make a billion dollars a year and cackle all the way to the bank about the suckers who pay them, and often are stuck in contracts where they can't jump.

These people think we don't follow posts.....

For the posters who are honestly upset about it, I fully understand. But my feelings stand. These threads are getting you no where, unless letting off steam by posting helps. DISH HAS MADE A DECISION. It could not be more obvious. They chose to use the bandwidth for more national HD channels, and Movies. If you are in a contract, get out of it, and take Dish to small claims court if you feel they violated the contract. If not in a contract, SWITCH. I know some of you have not been around a long time, but Dish (Charlie) actually said exactly that at one time. That there are providers who will give you (In that case YES) and Dish is not one of them.

I don't happen to think most people who presently have Dish want sports in HD over the many more national HD channels that Dish carries than Direct. I do think Dish is making room for more HD by moving channels around, and very likely to at least broadcast games in HD. But in reality I think they could do it on the EA, I don't know about the WA.

I get that dish isn't interested in being a sports provider now. However, I didn't 3 months ago when I was trying to decide between Directv and Dish. If you look at the channel listings both companies clearly list Fox Sports Detroit HD so I went with the company that was cheaper. I wish I would have checked the forums before, but the thing is you shouldn't have to read an online forum to check if a company actually offers a channel when they say they do in the channel lists on their website. Most of us aren't asking for them to be a serious sports provider and offer packages like MLB EI. We are talking about basic cable channels here.

Nothing has changed in the past 3 months... DISH does not care about sports. Its been like that since they started.

You expect them to change now?

Nothing has changed in the past 3 months... DISH does not care about sports. Its been like that since they started.

You expect them to change now?

I didn't say anything changed in the past 3 months. I just wasn't aware of this problem 3 months ago when I signed up because their website says they have the channel in HD. I just became aware of it because I wasn't watching the channel much until baseball season started. The pistons are terrible this year so I wasn't following them but I do watch most tigers games . To answer your question, yes I do expect them to change. They have plenty of customers that want them to and they add new HD channels all the time. Why couldn't some of those channels be RSNs?

I'm sick and tired of those here who keep saying," if you want sports go to "D" and if you like movies go to "E". My wife and I like both sports and movies. I don't care if "D" adds movies because I don't have "D". However, I do have "E" so naturally I want them to ad some sports. Hey. it's my company of choice and if I want them to change I'm dam sure going to do whatever I can to let them know how I feel. How many "E" subs do you think want more sports? At least HD 24/7 of their RSN's? I'm guessing a million + a lot. I would say the at least 75% of the male subs and a good % of the female subs. I'm not switching to "D". And I'm not going to stop bitching at "E". Maybe they will never change but the squeeky wheel does get noticed first.

I don't agree with your premise that most or anywhere near most of the current subs want RSN HD over national HD. But that doesn't really matter, we just don't know.

I agree, if you have made the decision to keep posting about it while not having RSN"s in HD full time, instead of having RSN's full time by switching, that is your choice. Just realize just as you are making a choice, so has Dish. Can you change their mind? Doubtful, because they know over time they will have the bandwidth one way or the other and then will provide them. Till then they will not.