Fuse TV dispute

CycloneSat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 29, 2019
Loganville, GA
Looks like we have a dispute going on between AT&T and Fuse Media, the Fuse and Fuse Music networks may disappear from DIRECTV/AT&T TV after January 15th.

Fuse says that AT&T is "playing favorites with their own networks", AT&T says that they’re delisting the network because "they don’t want to carry networks their customers don’t want or value". Fuse was already removed from Comcast in 2018, which let to their parent company filing for bankruptcy.

i used to watch this channel for their music content back around 2006 and prior. especially their coverage of the vans warped tour. i think it used to be muchmusic before fuse. since they ventured away from music, i havent watched that channel in years.

Reactions: Don in CT
yeah, they are most likely to never return to the DirecTV lineup due to low ratings, they are suing AT&T to try to gain some leverage by suing their way back to the lineup but AT&T will call their bluff and say "this channel has been removed as the contract has expired and we have chosen not to renew due to low ratings"

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CycloneSat
Fuse was good about 22 years ago as Much Music USA.

When Fuse bought out Nuvo TV, the two channels basically swapped formats. Fuse became the general lifestyle channel targeting young people and Nuvo was rebranded FM and played music, or what some would consider music. There is no reason for these channels to continue to exist and contribute to the every rising cable/satellite bills.

Reactions: CycloneSat
yeah, they are most likely to never return to the DirecTV lineup due to low ratings, they are suing AT&T to try to gain some leverage by suing their way back to the lineup but AT&T will call their bluff and say "this channel has been removed as the contract has expired and we have chosen not to renew due to low ratings"

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
That's a pretty blunt way to put it. Ratings so low they simply don't want to carry it anymore.

I remember when they were MM USA. I remember going to Canada and watching the real Much Music. There was a time when we were allowed to go there. If you have a Samsung smart TV that is connected to the Internet with the TV Plus free service, Fuse is on there.

MuchMusic was in-the-clear for many years on C-Band, on the Anik birds.
I often enjoyed it more than MTV back in the day.
Late 80s early to mid 90s.

When we first got Much Music on our cable system over 20 years ago I thought oh great what MTV used to be. Then it became what MTV is,.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts