Tegna dispute IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
found this power point on the DirecTv insider website

Attachments

• DIRECTV Retransmission Solution Proposal - Copy.pdf
    474.3 KB · Views: 83
found this power point on the DirecTv insider website
Translation-There will soon be a Broadcast Channel Fee, just like all the others ( Comcast, Charter, Dish, etc), that is the only compromise I can see working.

The only way out is if the rules are changed, allow the networks to negotiate like they do with YTTV.

National Networks does not help with local sports , like in-market NFL games.

By the way, keep getting Spectrum mailings, yesterday the usual $59.99 offer, then read the fine print, a $27.50 Broadcast Channel fee, then it says subject to other fees, but does not list them or the amounts, like they are giving themselves a out when they add more fees in.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Directv needs to make an antenna adapter for the HS17 as this is going to just increase to all locals being a la carte.

Yes I can just plug the antenna in but recording is the selling point. Without that, Directv loses value as it's cheaper to just pay the networks directly and drop Directv.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Directv needs to make an antenna adapter for the HS17 as this is going to just increase to all locals being a la carte.
Even if they started designing one today, it would be, at least, a year away, probably two.

• Sad
Even if they started designing one today, it would be, at least, a year away, probably two, those type of add ons have to go though Government Approval ( FCC for example).
They already have one, it just does nothing when plugged into HS17.

Hopefully they already have one in development. If they are going to push a la carte, there are going to be extended blackouts. They need a solution or the other options no longer have as many downsides.

I can see the gemini providing some of that with adding streaming links to the guide for paramount, peacock, etc. Without locals, Directv becomes an expensive sports service. The rest of the stations have streaming services already available for all the shows.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smuuth
Translation-There will soon be a Broadcast Channel Fee, just like all the others ( Comcast, Charter, Dish, etc), that is the only compromise I can see working.
Does Comcast and Charter allow you to remove locals like Dish does? That is one advantage I found with Dish - I can remove the locals and not pay the broadcast TV fee. I would think that since Tegna came to this type of agreement with Dish that they could do the same thing with DirecTV?

Does Comcast and Charter allow you to remove locals like Dish does?
No.
That is one advantage I found with Dish - I can remove the locals and not pay the broadcast TV fee.
Agreed, but the stations hate it.
I would think that since Tegna came to this type of agreement with Dish that they could do the same thing with DirecTV?
Tegna knows their time of power is coming to a end ( as all of them know), so they are trying to make as much $$$ as possible, as quick as possible.

But the one thing I keep reading, is how dare they ask for per sub fees, they are a free station that gets advertising money.

What most of them is getting in Advertising Revenue is about 1/2 to 3/4 less then just 6 years ago.

This has been upended by streaming, a trend that is not going away anytime soon, they love the cheap rates it provides for slots and the ease of targeting those ads, with streaming they know how many and who are watching.

If Tegna did not have the per sub fees, they would now be unprofitable and gone.

Now I am not pushing streaming, just pointing out how the business is in today’s world.

Try deleting your browser cookies for directv.com and att.com and then click the DIRECTV link at https://www.att.com/tvpromise

Also make sure you don't have strict privacy settings enabled as on some browsers the highest privacy settings block the cookies, referer/origin headers and the churnoffer/tvpromise flag that triggers the credit offer popup from being passed along after you get redirected from the login portal hosted by att.com to your account settings hosted by directv.com
I’m using Safari on my iPhone. I just cleared my history, went to the AT&T TV Promise link, selected D*, logged in, and it just took me to my account page with no credit pop up.
Looking in Safari settings, I did see a “Block Pop-Ups” option, which I turned off, but I’m still not getting the credit pop up.
For the other Safari privacy settings, I only have “Fradulent Website Warning” turned on. Prevent Cross-Site Tracking is off, Hide IP Address is set to Trackers and Websites, and Require Passcode to Unlock Private Browsing is off. Not sure what’s going on. Guess I will have to try on a computer when I can.

I’m using Safari on my iPhone. I just cleared my history, went to the AT&T TV Promise link, selected D*, logged in, and it just took me to my account page with no credit pop up.
Looking in Safari settings, I did see a “Block Pop-Ups” option, which I turned off, but I’m still not getting the credit pop up.
For the other Safari privacy settings, I only have “Fradulent Website Warning” turned on. Prevent Cross-Site Tracking is off, Hide IP Address is set to Trackers and Websites, and Require Passcode to Unlock Private Browsing is off. Not sure what’s going on. Guess I will have to try on a computer when I can.
Open a private browser window, turn off all ad or privacy settings and try that. It should popup after you login.

the lawsuit is still working its way through the courts
Is there any particular website where we can see what progress has been made on the lawsuit? I searched "directv mission white knight lawsuit" and the newest result was from back in October.

Does Comcast and Charter allow you to remove locals like Dish does? That is one advantage I found with Dish - I can remove the locals and not pay the broadcast TV fee. I would think that since Tegna came to this type of agreement with Dish that they could do the same thing with DirecTV?
The option to not pay for locals is the main reason I recently choose Dish over Direct. Honestly, Direct has some channels that I would have liked and more in HD but I did not want to pay for my low quality locals that often have one or two in contract black outs.

No.

Agreed, but the stations hate it.

Tegna knows their time of power is coming to a end ( as all of them know), so they are trying to make as much $$$ as possible, as quick as possible.

But the one thing I keep reading, is how dare they ask for per sub fees, they are a free station that gets advertising money.

What most of them is getting in Advertising Revenue is about 1/2 to 3/4 less then just 6 years ago.

This has been upended by streaming, a trend that is not going away anytime soon, they love the cheap rates it provides for slots and the ease of targeting those ads, with streaming they know how many and who are watching.

If Tegna did not have the per sub fees, they would now be unprofitable and gone.

Now I am not pushing streaming, just pointing out how the business is in today’s world.
I'm sure that Ad rates will catch up on the Streaming side.

I'm sure that Ad rates will catch up on the Streaming side.
Never posted they will not, but while we are entering this transition time, it will take a few years to equal itself out.

But as streaming shows/services grow more popular, those ad rates will increase.

How the business works.

Never posted they will not, but while we are entering this transition time, it will take a few years to equal itself out.

But as streaming shows/services grow more popular, those ad rates will increase.

How the business works.
I didn't say that you did .... :)

They already have one, it just does nothing when plugged into HS17.
It’s been said in the past that a software update could make it work, I wonder if that still holds true today?

Speaking of the adapter, is anyone else not seeing the locals that are in dispute in their favorite channels list, or do I need to do a rescan? Thanks

Reactions: Smuuth
It’s been said in the past that a software update could make it work, I wonder if that still holds true today?

Speaking of the adapter, is anyone else not seeing the locals that are in dispute in their favorite channels list, or do I need to do a rescan? Thanks
I am using my HR54 Genie and I see the Local channel that is in dispute, in my guide ... Is that what you meant ?
When turning to the actual channel, the video or whatever comes up talking about the dispute ... no real info, just informing subs that there is a dispute.

Status
Please reply by conversation.