fusion and longhorn network now live!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
so is this channel in Full HD on DirecTV, i saw on LHN's twitter yesterday that they would launch today on DirecTV. i have Dish and sadly we only get it in SD outside of a select few games on Dish as it's getting the RSN treatment on Dish sue to the fact that it is consider an RSN while SEC Network is consider a national network due to being in more then one state.

plus my household might be switching to DirecTV soon (via AT&T bundle with landline phone and cell phone service), so the decision hasn't been made yet between switching to DirecTV or staying put with Dish, which i have had for about 8 years this year.

so is this channel in Full HD on DirecTV, i saw on LHN's twitter yesterday that they would launch today on DirecTV. i have Dish and sadly we only get it in SD outside of a select few games on Dish as it's getting the RSN treatment on Dish sue to the fact that it is consider an RSN while SEC Network is consider a national network due to being in more then one state.

plus my household might be switching to DirecTV soon (via AT&T bundle with landline phone and cell phone service), so the decision hasn't been made yet between switching to DirecTV or staying put with Dish, which i have had for about 8 years this year.

LHN and Fusion are full time HD. HD only, no SD for either.

Reactions: whitewolf8214

Also, it's treated like an RSN on Directv, too. Choice and higher in Texas and Sports Pack for everyone else.

What receiver and what software do you have? I have the HR34 running 0x0987 and am not seeing logos.

I have the HR44-500, software 0x9de and no logos. I wish the guide had logos, not the incoherent string of letters we have. If Comcast can figure it out on the X1, there's no reason Directv can't. My parents just got the X1 and it's SO much easier to read! It's more important for them, though... with the incoherent channel order on Comcast. Ours is far from perfect, but Comcast is bad. Their locals are 3 4 5 6 9 14 19 21 22 301 302 318 320 321 331 702 703 705 722 731 733 and 744. Makes zero sense!!

Also, it's treated like an RSN on Directv, too. Choice and higher in Texas and Sports Pack for everyone else.

So if Longhorn is being called an RSN, does that mean that there will be blackouts of sports events like there are on all the other RSN's ???

On the other hand, if there are NO blackouts on Longhorn, then it should not be labeled an RSN, right ???.... Just a national sports network, without event blackouts, just like BTN and SEC networks are not called RSN's.....

LHN airs very little live programming.It's actually a pointless channel, unless you really love the school. I believe the games they do air are all exclusive, so I doubt there will be blackouts.

LHN airs very little live programming.It's actually a pointless channel, unless you really love the school. I believe the games they do air are all exclusive, so I doubt there will be blackouts.
So yes, that was my point.... If there are no blackouts on Longhorn then Longhorn is not an RSN... It's simply a national sports channel just like SEC and BTN.....

Which begs the question why DTV would place it in the RSN neighborhood, instead of next to BTN and SEC in the lower 600's....

So yes, that was my point.... If there are no blackouts on Longhorn then Longhorn is not an RSN... It's simply a national sports channel just like SEC and BTN.....

Which begs the question why DTV would place it in the RSN neighborhood, instead of next to BTN and SEC in the lower 600's....

Because it is regionally available in choice and outside of Texas in the sports pack. It's not a true RSN, but essentially treated as such.

Because it is regionally available in choice and outside of Texas in the sports pack. It's not a true RSN, but essentially treated as such.

OK, I see, makes sense, thanks !.....

BTW, I do agree with you that, outside of UTexas fans, this is a pointless channel, irrelevant to fans of the other 5,000 universities in the USA.... Still cannot believe this channel was actually created and forced as a national service !!!

Reactions: JerryVolunteer
I hope there's never an Auburn Network. Or Crimson Tide Network. Or Gatorvision. Or Fighting Irish TV.

I wouldn't mind a Blue Devils Network though!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts