Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Did the Fusion Comm mux go bye-bye on Anik F3? I can't get any of that stuff anymore.

I don't know what happened. I even did a complete realignment of my dish today but I still couldn't get them even though I had a signal level of 85/100 on that TP. Then the stuff mysteriously reappeared. I think there are a few bugs in the Azbox because the volume control keeps quiting until a reboot is done and sometimes there's no quality shown on a known good TP but a TP scan locks in the signals.

I want to get an Azbox eventually but right now it's too new and buggy. As much as I would love to have one now to play with. They have to work the bugs out of it before I put out the cash. Cashflow is too tight right now too.

same here....but with the Q only working off DVI/AC-3 audio I might be getting one sooner than expected. :)

I want to get an Azbox eventually but right now it's too new and buggy. As much as I would love to have one now to play with. They have to work the bugs out of it before I put out the cash. Cashflow is too tight right now too.

The Azbox is certainly nicer than my old Pansat 300. But, I guess I missed the part of the Azbox review that stated that it is in beta. I should've bought the Pansat 9200 and I might just do that even though I'd rather not spend the money right now. I want to get into the Azbox forum but it appears that it's not ready to go yet - I'd like to report bugs.

The Azbox is certainly nicer than my old Pansat 300. But, I guess I missed the part of the Azbox review that stated that it is in beta. I should've bought the Pansat 9200 and I might just do that even though I'd rather not spend the money right now. I want to get into the Azbox forum but it appears that it's not ready to go yet - I'd like to report bugs.

I made a very long decision before I bought my Pansat 2700. I took into consideration it's track record what it could do, how well it works on AC 3 etc.

The Azbox covering so many codec's is the way to go but it's bound to be buggy since this all is too new.

My problem is by the time I get an Azbox 6 months later there will be something so much better that can do the even newer stuff. It would be nice to just do software updates whenever something new is out there.

The Pansat 9200 doesnt do 4:2:2 which the azbox does

I guess with a switch or splitter I could have both boxes hooked up - there are plenty of inputs on my TV. :)

thanks guys but after having heavy pix at noon and loosing it out of the blue now is a no go for me. I guess the solution is 91W with 1 hour delay or the PR signal at 99 , 1 hour ahead. Maybe it is weaker now (uplink issue/weather) to the point i do not get it but you guys with bigger dishes do or more likely a new signal appeared next door and it is interfering with it on my non 2 degree compliant 6 footer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts