Future Discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

setiamon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Since i can't post in updates i decided to start here First of all I don't think comedy central is going to be on D10 its neither listed as a channel nor is there even a icon on the HD directv page(check it out man) As far as everyone going away and such.well frankly i find the channels anti-climatic also,all the channels i was expecting/hoping for were pushed back,foodtv cartoon network and scifi are what i watch a lot.on the other hand what we get i think is AWESOME CNN-HD and STARz are what i have seen the HD difference Despite some tearing here and there it looks immensly better then what i saw on the mpeg2 chans it could be frankly that i didn't like/watch much of thous but i can tell there is a big difference on even the discovery HD theater Here is the freaky part it took me a few days to see that difference,I guess i was either not watching enough consistent HD on HD mpeg2 chans or not watching HD source material because at first i thought CNN/starz was just "More colorfull" that there wasn't any real difference other then color being more detailed and seemingly a bigger sense of 'impact' for some reason....then it started coming to me,finer lines,hair definition etc that was the first time i saw what HD was about And switching to SD was a shocker,I thought "WTF did SD get so blurr,maybe they are sucking bandwidth or something weird dunno i'm not a techy" but i think you really have to watch HD source material for awhile till you mentally/physicall adjust to it and you can even see it at least this was for me, I Don't get hbo/show/tmc so i don't know how thouse are for you guys but I watched piratez on starzhd (a movie i have on dvd which i watch on a progressive upconverting dvd player which i thought was great) and the starz version is like a different movie,its like watching it for the first time The only weird thing is the sound.now this tv doesn't have a home theater system so I dunno how that sounds but to me the sound is about half as strong as SD and I'm not sure if its better Whats your openion all? anyhow weirdest thing,wtf A HD GOLF Channel?I guess they want to spread out the good ones

Well the sound for the HD channels is like the sound you would get if you play a DVD with 5.1 sound. But to be honest the Starz channels audio on my reciever is sometimes better than the DVD I have Pirates on Blue Ray and I thought the sound from Starz was cleaner and had more bass in it. CNNHD is also very good. I heard Comedy Central was going to be added in Nov. but not sure on that. Hope that helped. I dont watch the SD but I always have to raise the volume when I am watching SD. Go with a surround sound they are not that expensive. Its the way to go if you have an HD set

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts