Future Discussion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

setiamon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Since i can't post in updates i decided to start here First of all I don't think comedy central is going to be on D10 its neither listed as a channel nor is there even a icon on the HD directv page(check it out man) As far as everyone going away and such.well frankly i find the channels anti-climatic also,all the channels i was expecting/hoping for were pushed back,foodtv cartoon network and scifi are what i watch a lot.on the other hand what we get i think is AWESOME CNN-HD and STARz are what i have seen the HD difference Despite some tearing here and there it looks immensly better then what i saw on the mpeg2 chans it could be frankly that i didn't like/watch much of thous but i can tell there is a big difference on even the discovery HD theater Here is the freaky part it took me a few days to see that difference,I guess i was either not watching enough consistent HD on HD mpeg2 chans or not watching HD source material because at first i thought CNN/starz was just "More colorfull" that there wasn't any real difference other then color being more detailed and seemingly a bigger sense of 'impact' for some reason....then it started coming to me,finer lines,hair definition etc that was the first time i saw what HD was about And switching to SD was a shocker,I thought "WTF did SD get so blurr,maybe they are sucking bandwidth or something weird dunno i'm not a techy" but i think you really have to watch HD source material for awhile till you mentally/physicall adjust to it and you can even see it at least this was for me, I Don't get hbo/show/tmc so i don't know how thouse are for you guys but I watched piratez on starzhd (a movie i have on dvd which i watch on a progressive upconverting dvd player which i thought was great) and the starz version is like a different movie,its like watching it for the first time The only weird thing is the sound.now this tv doesn't have a home theater system so I dunno how that sounds but to me the sound is about half as strong as SD and I'm not sure if its better Whats your openion all? anyhow weirdest thing,wtf A HD GOLF Channel?I guess they want to spread out the good ones

Well the sound for the HD channels is like the sound you would get if you play a DVD with 5.1 sound. But to be honest the Starz channels audio on my reciever is sometimes better than the DVD I have Pirates on Blue Ray and I thought the sound from Starz was cleaner and had more bass in it. CNNHD is also very good. I heard Comedy Central was going to be added in Nov. but not sure on that. Hope that helped. I dont watch the SD but I always have to raise the volume when I am watching SD. Go with a surround sound they are not that expensive. Its the way to go if you have an HD set

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts