The only way to aim a Slimline dish in the future

Inclined Orbit

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2018
Los Angeles
Came across this recently. Guess its an example of how we will "aim" our Slimline dishes in a few years after ATT dumps its satellites.

Leaky Slimline.JPG

So those who live in rural america outside the reach of unlimited broadband access at a reasonable price will be forced to go back to over the air antennas and C-Band dishes? Man this country is really moving backwards.

Reactions: mdram
It will be a long time before the dishes are not being used anymore ....

As for OTA antennas, theres more and more Sub Channels all the time if you have an antenna thats capable of picking them up.

I've had an OTA antenna up since I moved to this house in 2001 ... I use it occasionally ...
I find that the TV tuners are picking up sub channels better than D*'s AM21's.

Came across this recently. Guess its an example of how we will "aim" our Slimline dishes in a few years after ATT dumps its satellites.

View attachment 148592
If DTV is sold what if the new owners want to launch new satellites? Along with a new DTV server and interface? If they did that could they still see DTV as a competitor to streaming? Why would they launch Orby if streaming is the future? Don't get me wrong I think streaming is the future.

We are now several years into ATTs advertised plan to pull the plug on satellites and deliver all content via broad band. At this point my opinion is they will miss their self imposed deadline and I think there is a good chance they will sell off DIrecTV before then anyway. This topic is about as volatile as the recent Presidential election.

So those who live in rural america outside the reach of unlimited broadband access at a reasonable price will be forced to go back to over the air antennas and C-Band dishes? Man this country is really moving backwards.
Naw. They’re getting rid of C band... :rollingeyes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts