Future DualShock 4 update for PlayStation 4 will add option to dim light bar (updated!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yep, should be able to turn it off also IMO.

Honestly, it's something I thought would bother me a lot more than it has. Given the option, I would probably turn it off to improve battery life. It's not something I actually even notice though except for the few times I have played with the lights off. On the other hand, it seems a little ridiculous to include a big light on the front of the controller.

I will say that the light on the Xbox One controller is more noticeable. It's white light glows brighter than the PS4 controller light and it's facing up towards you instead of out away from you so it's more noticeable. I don't notice the light on either controller unless I'm playing in the dark or looking down at it though.

I tend to watch blu-ray movies in the dark. The Xbox One has been getting more use for that since the PS4 doesn't have an IR receiver for harmony remote support and the voice controls don't work as well. This is when the Xbox controller light gets annoying because it seems very bright in a dark room. Strangely the Xbox logo on the controller seems quite a bit brighter than the one on the kinect or the console itself. Turning the controller off once you get the movie started is an easy fix for that though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)