Future of DirecTV HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
charper1 said:
" But go look at the DVR Forum...........MPEG4 DVR sucks"

I wouldn't say that either; seems its only major knock is that it was released before the OTA "upgrade". How about listing exactly what YOU think makes it suck as opposed to telling people to just go look.

I think many of the complaints are related to the stuttering problems that are occuring with mpeg4, not just the dvr itself. It's the same with the H20 and mpeg4.

rkr0923 said:
But go look at the DVR Forum...........MPEG4 DVR sucks
Mine doesn't :confused:
Not everyone is having mpeg 4 issues, I really think it's some what isolated ....

btw, the poster has never had a HR20-700, but he is here to tell us all how much it suxs

Jimbo

Last edited:
rickaren said:
Having both myself you will love DISH HD & even SD. If you get the VIP 622 DVR you will even like that. You will certainly be surprised. If you have premium service with D* you would be better served removing it and investing in the Platinum HD Package with E*. Good Luck and enjoy!

PS I'm more of a Slacker than you!
Gee, has anyone looked at the VIP 622 threads lately to see all the people complaining about them, before you degrade the new D* HD DVR.

Jimbo

Well, dispite the small problem here and there, I Love my HR20 and have already boxed and stored the HDtivo!!

landlocked said:
If DTV had the bandwith to add 300 HD channels tomorrow...what the heck would they add? Sure, E* has more HD channels...but how many are on par with HD Discovery and HD.Net? I am as irked as anyone I am missing out on what could have been for now. If DTV cannot fill the birds when things are available, I'll bolt.

Looking at your avatar, wouldn't you want to watch the Cleveland Indians in HD. I definitely want to watch NESN-HD for the Red Sox. Also, don't bother to mention that they are already doing this with spot beams for the local sports team. Enough people move around the country that still want to watch there favorite team. Every game in the MLB Extra Innings package should be available in HD, so should the ones for NFL and any other sports.

BruceS said:
Every game in the MLB Extra Innings package should be available in HD, so should the ones for NFL and any other sports.
HAHAHAHAHA! You're not going to see that for a long time. There aren't enough HD production trucks out there to do every MLB and NFL game in HD.

hdtvtechno said:
No problems with the Chicago Mpeg4 locals so far.... both on the H20 and HR20-700....

Chicago is the only market so far to receive technical upgrades to fix any mpeg 4 issues.

Newshawk said:
HAHAHAHAHA! You're not going to see that for a long time. There aren't enough HD production trucks out there to do every MLB and NFL game in HD.

CBS could easily do every game in hd if they wanted to, and probably will by next season, basically meaning every nfl game would be in hd.

Questioner said:
Chicago is the only market so far to receive technical upgrades to fix any mpeg 4 issues.
:what
Detroit had troubles when it first came out and it appears that thier troubles have been fixed as well.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)