Future Sathawh PVR900

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
The new sathawk PVR900 is comming out this month, and it going to be sold by Sadoun.
There are going to be some changes made from the old model PVR800 that are not required or of no use for the American customers. two of the changes will be the lack of CI and CA. I have no Idea what CI is or what it means, but I do know that Ca stand for some sort of a card reader function.

Is a card reader of great importance for a receiver to have, and is it of great use for us in order to receive and view KU and C band Satellites.:confused:

Thank You
avenger.

i thought it was called the pvr1000. and the loss off the ci/ca interface will only make it cheaper. since we can not buy a provider card in north america for use with a 3rd party reciever it is only good news.

crackt out,.

Would have been nice if they kept the ethernet connection.

They weren't doing anything with the ethernet connection other than key sharing. I guess this means that they don't intend to do anything else with it either.

i guess the pvr1000 or pvr1100 references are gone. but pvr 900 works. woulda been nice to see a network connection for pvr sharing but for the money still the best BANG for your bucks.

crackt out,.

I have a feeling sadoun is going to sell the openbox like hypermegasat is doing now.If you look at his web site it says (a.k.a. OPENBox or Solomend) under the sathawk description.

woulda been nice to see a network connection for pvr sharing but for the money still the best BANG for your bucks.

crackt out,.

Thats exactly my thought. The vantage 1100s is suppose to allow streaming between the two. I'd like to see this as well but not limited to another PVR800/900. Allow it to stream to any device (i.e. VLC) and also allow for NAS to store and play recordings.

They weren't doing anything with the ethernet connection other than key sharing. I guess this means that they don't intend to do anything else with it either.

I take it that firmware updates are done by means other than by ethernet?

USB, and also RS232 unless they've removed that in the recent firmware (I never used it).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)