Fuzzy signal help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CoonDawg

Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
On one of several TV's in my home I'm getting a fuzzy signal which is worse on the lower channels. If I shake the cable at where it goes into the VCR/DVD player from the wall the signal improves instantly for a period of time and then slowly gets worse again. Again this only happens on this one TV. I've switched VCR/DVD players along with cables but have gotten the same result on this TV. With the same units/calbes etc it's fine on other TV's in the house... Any thoughts on where the issue may be? Any thoughts or help is much appreciated...

On one of several TV's in my home I'm getting a fuzzy signal which is worse on the lower channels. If I shake the cable at where it goes into the VCR/DVD player from the wall the signal improves instantly for a period of time and then slowly gets worse again. Again this only happens on this one TV. I've switched VCR/DVD players along with cables but have gotten the same result on this TV. With the same units/calbes etc it's fine on other TV's in the house... Any thoughts on where the issue may be? Any thoughts or help is much appreciated...

My guess is its the "barrel" in the back of the TV which is probley lose inside the solder coming free, If your TV has RCA inputs run the VCR into the TV using the RCA inputs (red,white,yellow cables) and use your VCR to change channels, since your TV will be in the "input" mode. Also check behind the "wall plate" if you have one mounted to the wall, maybe the connector is lose hehind it and as you wiggle, the cable it gets better... Typcially lose/bad connections will cause your lower band to die out and get snowy as that is the one that travels deepest on the cable so it doesnt make a good connection. Your higher channels travel farther on the outside of the center conductor so it makes a better connection if its lose..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)