FX begins to feel the ratings effect.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So far I am not missing any of the channels that fell of the guide.
FX use to be a good station, then they started with playing nothing but reruns over and over.
And Disney? Never watched it. It is nice tho not seeing Pat Robertson's listings in my guide. Never could figure out why he was on a family channel. He owns a compound next to my property. Me and the rest of my neighbors can't wait to read about his passing.
The SMC is pretty good and some of the others grab my attention but overall all the networks have very little quality to offer this year.

I've been enjoying the movie channel that we got in place of FX. I hope this lasts a while.

hdnet? didnt do a thing for those of us that had hd platinum, as we already had the cannel

anyone with hd plat didnt get any new channels

Terriers, Son's of Anarchy, It's Always Sunny In PA (one of the funniest shows around), all great shows we're missing. If this dispute was during Rescue Me, I'd have been long gone. Best show on TV.
Now Fox sports, I'm missing my hockey games.

Hey Charlie, come explain to my 85 year old Mother (who by the way works 40 plus hours a week still) why she can't watch hockey games or NatGeo! I keep getting, why can't I watch National Geographic? If she missed one Cardinal's game, my head would be on the platter.

Pat Robertson is a lunatic full of hate and intolerance.

OT: I seriously doubt the Dish/Fox dispute is really having a large impact on ratings. I think the place they would most likely see a ratings hit is in sports. Primarily the NFL and the World Series. More people watch that than some show called Terriers or whatever it is. The loss of the fox locals is going to hurt Dish and Fox, but I don't guess they really care.

I would have to say it's the owner of Fox that doesn't care,not Dish.Dish wants to provide the cheapest programming prices in the satellite industry and so far they have succeeded.But Fox wants to change that.I like Dish and I like Fox but when it comes to raising programming prices I support Dish Network.:)

Plus I think it's pretty cool to get to watch other channels I normally don't get to watch.Thanks Charlie!.:D

Terriers, Son's of Anarchy, It's Always Sunny In PA (one of the funniest shows around), all great shows we're missing. If this dispute was during Rescue Me, I'd have been long gone. Best show on TV.
Now Fox sports, I'm missing my hockey games.

I like Terriers and Rescue Me. The others just aren't interesting to me at all. So if FX doesn't come back, it won't be a great loss, since I can and will get them from Hulu.

Because of this ongoing fight between DISH and FOX I decided to explore torrent files. I use Limewire for MP3's but never explored downloading videos. My daughter uses torrent downloaded videos all the time and will send a DVD copy to my son serving in Afghanistan. I look for 720p file copies from various sites when downloading SofA or Terriers etc. I guess I shouldn't be surprised in this day an age after making a DVD using ConvertXtoDVD from the .mkv file that the videos are great when viewed on my plasma. Dolby Digital 5.1 sound as well. I know I could watch on my PC but that something I do when I have no other choice. I don't have my PC connected to my TV either.

So I guess I'm prepared if the dispute flows over to network FOX channels as well. Ugh. :(

Because of this ongoing fight between DISH and FOX I decided to explore torrent files. I use Limewire for MP3's but never explored downloading videos. My daughter uses torrent downloaded videos all the time and will send a DVD copy to my son serving in Afghanistan. I look for 720p file copies from various sites when downloading SofA or Terriers etc. I guess I shouldn't be surprised in this day an age after making a DVD using ConvertXtoDVD from the .mkv file that the videos are great when viewed on my plasma. Dolby Digital 5.1 sound as well. I know I could watch on my PC but that something I do when I have no other choice. I don't have my PC connected to my TV either.

So I guess I'm prepared if the dispute flows over to network FOX channels as well. Ugh. :(

Anyone whom uses limewire for mp3's should be shot! Virus hell! There are private sites for torrents, that provide way better music, movie and software coverage that can be trusted far more than limewire!

If I was paying to advertise my product on FX and saw a sudden 14% decrease in potential viewership for the time I purchased at a 14% higher potential viewership, I'd be renegotiating my advertisement fee. That's what will drive the future agreement.

If I was paying to advertise my product on FX and saw a sudden 14% decrease in potential viewership for the time I purchased at a 14% higher potential viewership, I'd be renegotiating my advertisement fee. That's what will drive the future agreement.

DING DING DING..........WINNER WINNER WINNER.

This and only this will stop this price increase frenzy. If consumers would just let anyone who advertises on these channels know that they would boycott their products if they continue to advertise on these channels, we might, just might, stop this BS.

The thing is though, even though Dish represents 14% of the paid TV market, FX has not seen a 14% decrease in viewership. In fact, some shows have even increased.

The thing is though, even though Dish represents 14% of the paid TV market, FX has not seen a 14% decrease in viewership. In fact, some shows have even increased.

And common sense wins. Dish represents a group of demographics, not a flat amount of viewership. You could reasonably speculate DirecTV viewers are actually probably more valuable as a provider that attracts more sports-watching viewers many of which many are surely in the coveted 18-49 demo.

Does that mean that Dish subs were not watching FX anyway - may as well get rid of it?

I don't see any sarcasm. I for one never watched FX. Nat Geo, yeah I watched a few shows on it. Good thing I got most of the shows I liked on Nat Geo DVR'd and archived on an EHD.

I still get far more national HD channels than the alternative.

Does that mean that Dish subs were not watching FX anyway - may as well get rid of it?
No...

It simply means that there is not necessarily a 1 to 1 correlation with the percentage of subs to dish and the percentage of decline in FX ratings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)