FX-HD Picture Question

nlk10010

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Nassau County NY
OK. Glad to get FX-HD. There won't be too much on it I'll watch but I'll try a few series I haven't looked at before.

So I tuned into a rerun of Rescue Me last evening, 11PM EDT. The picture was pretty awful: grainy with a large amount of "color confetti". It was a lot like I noticed on USA-HD months ago (which problem has since been corrected). FX-SD had a better picture.

I understand things sometimes need to be adjusted and I'm not jumping on Dish just yet but I wanted to know if it was "just me". :)

BTW, I of course use satellites 110/119/61.5.

Thanks for any additional information.

Thanks, well, then, if it is a Dish problem then it's restricted to 61.5.

I tried watching a movie this morning on FX-HD and saw sort of the same thing.

I mean, Rescue Me was awful. :)

Since most of my other channels are fine I'll be curious to see what's going on, if anything.

looking crash from 61.5 atm and it looks great

Well, appreciate the report. I looked at Crash and, while at first it seemed fine, I could still notice colored speckles in large expanses of solid color. I checked my SS and it's 50 on TP 25 of 61.5.

Look, maybe it's just me, we'll see, but I still sense a problem with the channel.

Again, thanks for chiming in.

61.5 and I put on a movie last night(not sure what it was, around 6PM EST or so maybe), and it was in OAR and looked lovely. It might just be your signal right now, hopefully it gets better for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts