Fx Hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tandias

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2005
Is anyone else noticing that there is no HD programming on the FX HD channel? Is this just me? Damages for instance was in SD and cropped for me.

Has anyone noticed that FX might be worse than TNT because of pop ups, banners, bugs, snipes and sound graphics during programs? Just another channel added that I won't watch.

I watched Damages last night and it was letterboxed and pillar boxed, hence, just a rectangular picture within my tv screen. WTF?

For the 100th time, just because a channel "goes" HD" does not mean every show they broadcast is instantly HD or that the channel is HD 24/7. Those shows that are 4:3 can be "stretched", pillar boxed, etc. This is not an overnight transition by the providers, the networks or the DBS companies.

Last edited:
Sorry to have upset you so much Charper.

My thought was that if a show(Damages) was already brodcast in HD by other providers on a channel, and a new or different provider picked up the HD feed, then that show would be brodcast in HD.

Next time I will get all the answers before I go to a forum to get some answers.

tandias, a&e hd shows sopranos and 24 neither in HD. In fact, the only thing I've ever seen anything on A&E HD is some used car show. Having Fx-HD stretched sounds like a fine problem to have, although they should broadcast in in the original ratio.

Just because a show may be presented in HD on it original air network does not always mean that the syndication contract agreement (likely made many months ago if not years) give the secondary broadcast channel any rights to also present in HD. Now, once the majority of channel have an HD outlet, you can begin to assume that syndication deals will include provision for this; at least we hope they will.

Nip Tuck is coming to Blu Ray, so Id hope this season is going to be HD. Please O please let the Shield be HD.
The Shield + Rescue Me in HD = Happy Me.

I hope Nip/Tuck is in HD, but as I've said in other posts, I really hope that the show hasn't jumped the shark. The season finale was so bad that I heard Fonzie revving up his motorcycle when everyone was lip-syncing that "Make Me Happy" song..

The Shield + Rescue Me in HD = Happy Me.

I hope Nip/Tuck is in HD, but as I've said in other posts, I really hope that the show hasn't jumped the shark. The season finale was so bad that I heard Fonzie revving up his motorcycle when everyone was lip-syncing that "Make Me Happy" song..

I agree it was stragne, but Im glad they moved them to Cali. Gives the show a chance at a well needed reboot, and we get Julia as a lesbian this year :eek:

Shield is one of the best shows on tv and Ill be sad when it goes, about as sad as when Xfiles left. Ill probably whine like a girl when 24 shuts down.

I think it is quite misleading to the average non-technical American viewer to call a channel with little or no HD content an HD channel. It's unfortunate too that most people don't have a real clue what hd really is and that many are happy with an upconverted SD-stretched picture and they think it's hd because it fills their tv screen. It is an obvious misrepresentation to entice people to sign up for service. Providers could very well create carriage agreements with programmers in advance where they specify that a certain level of hd programming must be available before they actually add the channel. This would be more of an incentive for programmers to provide hd programming maybe sooner instead of later to get their channel up as fast as they can.

The old cart before the horse theory; hell we have to start somewhere though; and I think some channel is better that none.

I agree it was stragne, but Im glad they moved them to Cali. Gives the show a chance at a well needed reboot, and we get Julia as a lesbian this year :eek:

Shield is one of the best shows on tv and Ill be sad when it goes, about as sad as when Xfiles left. Ill probably whine like a girl when 24 shuts down.

I dunno.. I mean what was great about the earlier episodes of Nip/Tuck (Season 1 and 2) was its weirdness and its emphasis on dark humor and dark situations. All the weird and desperate women coming in for plastic surgery and getting empty joy from their new looks, and all the crazy situations in Tory/Macnamera's life. But with this season with the one kid becoming a scientologist and getting with Kimber, the other kid all but disappearing from the show, and then the new kid with the messed up hands and Sean using the screws.. I mean it just got so out of hand and crazy that it almost got laughable.

And the one thing I absolutely HATE, and they do this once a year, is they have like a "Dream" episode or one that takes great leaps of faith with a crazy idea but since its not real they can do whatever they want with it. I thought the one with Julia marrying Christian was the worst, until I saw the one THIS year with screwed up kid getting the surgery for his hand and them basically telling us that Julia and Sean weren't getting back together and how screwed up the families were getting..

I'm sure now its obvious that I have alot of pent up feelings about this show that simply haven't been expressed anywhere else.

Ok back to FX HD discussion.

Hehe. I agree, but if you look at the history of all good shows, they all have OFF seasons. I would think its hard to deliver year after year because you take a route that just leads you to write nonsense to get out of it. I think Fx has some great shows, I just hope they add some more grit so we can have more than one program a season from Fx. And may all that grit be in HD!

IMHO, upconverted content looks much better than the SD content on the sister channel, so Im happy.

Agreed, but... We've paid a lot for our 16X9 HD sets and would like to see them fully utilized! Hopefully things will move along for these new HD channels and they will convert to real widescreen, not stretch-o-vision.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)