FXX moving to channel 259

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since Fox did away with Speed channel, and FS1 is in with espn etc I never go up into the 600s. FXX belongs in the 240-250s with FX,TBS,TNT etc. Never understood why they put it up with the regional sports nets
That is because it was originally a Sports channel, before they changed it to FXX or FX2.

That is because it was originally a Sports channel, before they changed it to FXX or FX2.

When Fox rebranded Speed 607 as FS1 DTV moved it down to 219 with ESPNs ,NFL, NHL, NBC sports etc. However the rebranded Fox Soccer to FXX they left it up on 619 with FS2 and the regional sportsnets where nobody knew it was there. They could have left FS1 up on 607 and nobody would have cared, but when you take a soccer channel and relaunch it with old syndicated sitcoms, it should have been the one moved . That was my point.

When Fox rebranded Speed 607 as FS1 DTV moved it down to 219 with ESPNs ,NFL, NHL, NBC sports etc. However the rebranded Fox Soccer to FXX they left it up on 619 with FS2 and the regional sportsnets where nobody knew it was there. They could have left FS1 up on 607 and nobody would have cared, but when you take a soccer channel and relaunch it with old syndicated sitcoms, it should have been the one moved . That was my point.
Direct has been slow in moving it. ATT moved it over a month ago, to be next to FX. Why it took Direct so long, only the people in programming and the Ivory tower can answer that question.

Direct has been slow in moving it. ATT moved it over a month ago, to be next to FX. Why it took Direct so long, only the people in programming and the Ivory tower can answer that question.

I dont see the big deal.
Now if it was a Top Viewed channel, Yes, but its not.
If your one that actually watches the channel, you know were to find it.

As for when other companies moved it, no big deal, not a huge priority is all.

Now if only FX was with FXM and FXX. And FXM was in HD... But Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild aren't next to each other, like they should be, so I will not hold my breath.

I dont see the big deal.
Now if it was a Top Viewed channel, Yes, but its not.
If your one that actually watches the channel, you know were to find it.

As for when other companies moved it, no big deal, not a huge priority is all.
Actually it was a highly viewed channel. The problem lies with programming not moving fast enough, to make the changes. Now if they can only organize the programming, so you do not have Sports scattered in two different sections of the channel listings (200's & 600's), same as a few other channel categories.

I think that ATT actually got it correct, when they placed programming in a group in the channel listing. You had locals in the lower numbers, then in the 100's are stuff like FX, ABCF, TBS, WGN, etc, 200's are news, 300's are family, 400's HGTV, DIY, etc., 500's music, 600's are sports, 700's Regionals, 800-900 Premium channels. Stuff like ESPN NBA passes in the 2000's.

If Direct did something similar, in banding certain categories together, then you would not have them scattered all over the place. But really going back to the FXX move, yes it did take longer then it should have, since all of the other providers had it moved back before Oct. 15. Just way too long again, to do something, that other competitors were ahead of the game on.

All the news channels should be together , but they are not. CNN and Headline news are in the 200's . All should be moved together.

All the news channels should be together , but they are not. CNN and Headline news are in the 200's . All should be moved together.

The placement of CNN goes back many years. They pay for that location, or at least it's part of their contract.

Funny how they send you message after they have moved the channel all the time and yes all news channels should be put in same area maybe when new contract comes up they will but doubt it but we can hope!! :D ;) :)

When the new satellite launch happens next year, I REALLY hope for a completely new channel arrangement and the addition of the many channels we are missing. Since leaving cable, they've got new DVRs, a new channel line up that is logical (except the locals are on stupid channel numbers still), NFL Network, Pac12, and are going all-digital. Come on Directv, let's keep up.

But I won't hold my breath.

When the new satellite launch happens next year, I REALLY hope for a completely new channel arrangement and the addition of the many channels we are missing. Since leaving cable, they've got new DVRs, a new channel line up that is logical (except the locals are on stupid channel numbers still), NFL Network, Pac12, and are going all-digital. Come on Directv, let's keep up.

But I won't hold my breath.
If I had to put any money on it, those two new birds will have 4k capable Transponders on it. One is going to 99.2 (Ka TPS), projected launch in the 2nd qtr, the other 99W-119W (30Ku & 24Ka, 18 Reverse Band TPS), projected launch at the end of 2014. http://www.satlaunch.net/p/launch-schedule-2014.html

Looking at that link, I find it interesting that Bolivia is launching a bird named Tupac Katari, which is named after Túpac Katari or Catari (also Túpaj Katari) (c. 1750 – 15 November 1781), born Julián Apasa Nina, was a leader in the rebellions of indigenous people of Bolivia against the Spanish Empire in the early 1780s.

I would think the current sats are theoretically capable of carrying 4k. The satellite doesn't care if it's 4k, mpeg2, mpeg4, or whatever.

I would think the current sats are theoretically capable of carrying 4k. The satellite doesn't care if it's 4k, mpeg2, mpeg4, or whatever.

Yep.
Read an article this summer how a provider in Europe was preparing to send out 4k. Not much of the infrastructure will need to change to send out 4k.

The older birds would not be able to, since their TPS cards would not be capable. They are using DVB-S2 for their current scheme, but most likely the older cards in the current birds, would not be able to handle 4k feeds, so that is why they are most likely launching the new birds for the two slots.

Remember, when the older birds went up, 4k was still on the drawing board, and not seen as something that would be around in the lifespan of those birds that are currently up there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)