FXX snags exclusive rights to 'The Simpsons', how will this effect Dish

Deadlocked

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/fxx...n-the-biggest-off-network-deal-in-tv-history/

This deal is costing FXX $1.44 MILLION dollars a week over the next decade which equals 750 million over it's lifespan. Seeing how the current contract has Dish paying almost nothing for FXX and still placing it in sports tier and near sports channels how do you think this will effect Dish?

I think it'll put more pressure for Dish to get it in the 100s and in a lower tier so the retrans price increase will be worth it.

When the new contract comes I think everyone already believes FXX will be in more packages.

Let me get this straight: it's just RE-RUNS of The Simpsons, not first-run episodes which will still be on Fox, right? If so, I can't see what the big deal is, either for the value of the channel or its value to Dish.

Let me get this straight: it's just RE-RUNS of The Simpsons, not first-run episodes which will still be on Fox, right? If so, I can't see what the big deal is, either for the value of the channel or its value to Dish.

Cause it will show the early episodes that local affiliates don't ever show anymore. Also if it wasn't a big deal why were four other networks aggressively bidding for it?

Doesn't one or more of the streaming providers already have the Simposns?Can't understand why it's valued so highly.

Doesn't one or more of the streaming providers already have the Simposns?Can't understand why it's valued so highly.

Netflix has Family Guy, Bob's Burgers and Futurama, but no Simpsons. Does hulu have Simpsons?

I can't understand why a bunch of tired re-runs would be worth $ 750 million to anybody. Seems insane to me.

How many times do you need to see this? Once was enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has its moments, but there's only a handful of episodes that I care if I see more than once, typically the Halloween ones which can be a nonstop parody-fest.

Watched it one time 23 years ago. Enough then.

You saw it once 23 years ago and felt the need to comment?? I know you like to think the world and this board revolves around you. Guys what.... it doesn't. There are people that like this show. That have seen it more than once.

So here you are again trolling a thread you really don't care about. I guess I'm the only one that calls you out on it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Something I read about this deal includes the new FXNow app for streaming FX and FXX content. It would be nice if DISH started adding these apps to the Hopper as they renegotiate deals. I expect we will see the ESPN app once the ink is dry on the deal since that seems to be what is holding it up.

Hopper with Sling Rebooting

how to add more receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)