FYI....IRS tax rebate dates!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joracho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I received this email from a friend in Texas. I can't wait, I need a new car!!!

THE CHECK IS IN THE MAIL
wk# lst two of ssn receive your check by week of
1 00-09 july 23
2 10-19 july 30
3 20-29 aug 6
4 30-39 aug 13
5 40-49 aug 20
6 50-59 aug 27
7 60-69 sept 3
8 70-79 sept 10
9 80-89 sept 17
10 90-99 sept 24

I tried to re-format it in the thread,
it should be seperated like this
wk __________lst two of ssn__________check date
1 _____________00-09_________________july 23

I don't believe any dates have actually been set. I see everything from beginning of May to end of June for the first batch of checks.

Thats the info I got from a buddy who told me to pass it along to everyone!!!

if its the first two thats great...mine will be shorter than later

No dates have been released, its an internet hoax, this same thing is floating around but says the last two digits.

Your buddy wouldnt happen to be the type that would write on your face after you passed out drunk at a party would he?;)

LOL.

Seriously though, I heard today that the first checks should go out end of May on the radio. No indication on what method they would use to determine order.

Van did you make out the LOCATION field?

All I've heard is the same as you about May mailings so thats the only officialy released information so far.

Yep I made it out to be that long, I've been following news articles from an independant news paper here in town covering several studies about poverty in my town. There wasnt enough room to go into detail about how the University of Georgia is also responsible for some of the poverty as they pay minimum wages to staff. In the almost 2 years that I've been here I've learned alot of information about the local economy and the role that the city and county have played in it as well as the university with the lack of taxes it pays and how much better the quality of life is outside of the county line specialy to the south in Occonee county.

The dates have not been determined yet. From Yahoo news:

http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/104417/Tax-Rebate-Winners-and-Losers

"Right now, the official word from the IRS is that it has not yet worked out the mechanics of the rebates.

In 2001 -- the last time the agency issued such checks -- they were distributed based on taxpayer Social Security numbers. Those payments seven years ago also were mailed, but there is a possibility that rebates could be directly deposited into taxpayer accounts if that's how they receive any 2007 refund.

The IRS promises to post rebate delivery information to its Web site as soon as it's available."

Big deal.... I'm getting hit with the AMT for the first time this year. Since NJ taxes the living bejesus out of me (7% sales tax, $7K State income tax, $12K local property tax, PLUS numerous tolls, fees, and surcharges on everything around here.... plus $4 tax on each pack of cigarettes for you smokers out there), my deductions are "too high" and they are gonna disallow all of them now including the ones for my wife my kids. Bottom line, my taxes went up $4000 thanks to the AMT. They can stick their stimulus up their keister. And since many on the coasts are getting hit with it for the first time this year (since taxes are so high in most places), I think they may be surprised how ineffective their little stimulus plan is....

The IRS website had no dates , just starting in May. We should 2 notices from them as to how much and when. It was on the front page of the IRS site

I heard on the news it has to do with when you submitted your 2007 Taxes. People who submitted them in January would get them first (I'm hoping this is true, because we submitted in Jan!)

Here are the dates:

When you'll get your rebate check - Mar. 17, 2008

Direct deposit payment

If last 2 digits of your SS# are: Your rebate should be sent by:
00-20 May 2
21-75 May 9
76-99 May 16

Paper check

If last 2 digits of your SS# are: Your rebate should be sent by:
00-09 May 16
10-18 May 23
19-25 May 30
26-38 June 6
39-51 June 13
52-63 June 20
64-75 June 27
76-87 July 4
88-99 July 11

It says if you have direct deposit of your refund they can put that in your account as well but what if you have to pay? Is that still an option or do you have to wait for a paper check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)