G 10 R/Ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.

black Bear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 13, 2006
Hello All
Was hoping if you could help me get set up .. I have a Pansat 3500sd ..I tried for hours yesterday to receive G10 R/Ku with a 35" oval star choice dish with pop can lnbs ..Should i be able to intercept this without a skew ? I had tried both lnbs but not sure which was the correct one .. I was also reading today that i should be leaving it for 5-10 seconds before moving it another degree ..
After all of my hard work the only thing that i had a 99% quality reading was superdish at 121 W ..
Maybe i did not have the antenna settings correct ?
I just wanted to test this star choice dish before i went out and purchased a wingaurd dish with motor and invacom ..
Any help would be appreciated ..:)

Last edited:

LordAlex

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jul 6, 2006
The nice folks here will definitely get you straight if I am misaken but I believe that LNB is circular polarity for DBS satellites which is why you can pull in 121 fine. The 35" dish is fine I think you just need a cheap linear LNB skewed properly and you'll be in business. Sit tight till the experts chime in.

:hatsoff:

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
You should be able to pick up G10 with the beer can LNB :D

121W is linear as is 123 so you should be fine.

Skew is critical and if its not skewed, it will be a bugger to pick up

On the 3500 you would set it up as standard with a LNB LO of 10750. Turn the rest off (Diseqc, 22k, motor)

Select the following tranponder
11799 freq
V polarity
26660 symbol rate

Since you got 121 with a 99% (I don’t know if that’s right…best I can get 121 is 78% quality) you would move the dish a smidge to the west

black Bear

Jun 13, 2006
Thx for the replies !
Now standing behind the dish looking at the birds , should i use the lnb on left or one on right ? Also i am going straight from lnb to stb .. There is a switch on the arm of the SC dish , am i supposed to use it or not ..
Another thing that is puzzleing me was am i supposed to rename each sat so it goes into the selected satellite area before i scan .. I noticed that when i selected G 10 and went to signal meter page it then placed G10 automatically in the selected sat area , is this what is supposed to happen ? Thx again !:)

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
black Bear said:
Thx for the replies !
Now standing behind the dish looking at the birds , should i use the lnb on left or one on right ? Also i am going straight from lnb to stb .. There is a switch on the arm of the SC dish , am i supposed to use it or not ..
use the one on the right (if you're standing behind the dish) and remove the switch. That screws it up. Hook the coax directly to the LNB

Another thing that is puzzleing me was am i supposed to rename each sat so it goes into the selected satellite area before i scan .. I noticed that when i selected G 10 and went to signal meter page it then placed G10 automatically in the selected sat area , is this what is supposed to happen ? Thx again !:)
yes that is normal :)

black Bear

Jun 13, 2006
Thanks so much Iceberg , when i get another chance i will give er' another go !
Do you think that G10 @123W is very close to the Super Dish @121W area ?
Hope I'm not asking to much here !:up

jenom

SatelliteGuys Family
May 22, 2006
123w-g10r

yes, it is very-very-very close
you need to aim your dish more down & right (standing behind) just by about 1/8" >>>>>>G10 will be there.
signal meter is probably useless, because it will pickup the stronger Echostar 9signal
once you get it, you will see that it was worth all your effort

SATisfied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 22, 2006
Lineboro, MD
Iceberg, I have never been able to get G10R. I moved my dish on the mast, switched lnb's, went thru every LO frequency with no luck. I did get quality signal on 121 though. If I got signal on 121, wouldn't I be able to get it on 123? The dish doesn't move that far. Also, if I have a motor I shouldn't need to scew the lnb since the motor does that automatically by turning the whole dish and lnb together. I broke down and ordered an Invacom qph 031 lnb. I hope that will make a difference. I noticed that the tp you listed above wasn't in my CW600s's list of tp's for G10R, so I added it. Still nothing. I would really love to get that sat.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
SATisfied said:
Iceberg, I have never been able to get G10R. I moved my dish on the mast, switched lnb's, went thru every LO frequency with no luck. I did get quality signal on 121 though. If I got signal on 121, wouldn't I be able to get it on 123? The dish doesn't move that far.
correct. 121 to 123 is maybe 1/8"

Also, if I have a motor I shouldn't need to scew the lnb since the motor does that automatically by turning the whole dish and lnb together.
correct. The motor skews the lNB automatically

I broke down and ordered an Invacom qph 031 lnb. I hope that will make a difference. I noticed that the tp you listed above wasn't in my CW600s's list of tp's for G10R, so I added it. Still nothing. I would really love to get that sat.
the TP can be one of a few
11799 V 26660
11800 V 26660

its the same TP. Otherwise you can add it manually :)

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
When I ws going for G10, I was on G13 I think (the next bird over), and it was just a very lite tap - I actually didn't think I had even budged the dish, thats how little of movement is needed. Kinda weird to think that little movement would make all the difference!

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
VERY small movements make a big difference. Actually, many members looking for G-10R first get 121w, then move the dish SLIGHTLY to the west until barely loosing quality on 121w. Rescan and you'll get G-10R :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)