G box Midnight MX2

I have no first hand knowledge. Did your read the single star reviews? One person says: "The Admins basically got all these positive reviews on Amazon by offering "100 free mx2s" to those who would leave positive reviews."

I have one - and IT IS AMAZING! I was very reluctant and researched it for a week before I made the leap. Watched a bunch of youtube vids and decided to take the plunge. There is a learning curve and tons of add ons (free) to learn about.. I have that exact model and bought from Amazon.. felt safe with Amazon in case it was a bust and I wanted to return it.

I discovered something after I paid for the box. Don't get me wrong.. the box is in my bedroom - runs off wifi, we use it all the time. Still LOVE it.. But if you would like to actually see what it can do and all the stuff you can watch, go to xbmc.org. You can download xmbc and run it on your computer, it will run and look exactly like the interface that the gbox midnight has when hooked up to a TV.. But this is a free way you can see if the box is something you want to pay for.. Install xbmc on your pc or laptop.. learn how to add "add-ons" and you are good to go! Add ons for 1CHANNEL and ICEFILMS alone will convince you to buy the box if not a couple of them.

So now in addition to the G-box in the bedroom.. I have XBMC running on an old Dell computer in my office - but the monitor on the Dell is a 42in HDTV..

I've heard about XBMC for years.. but hell, I didn't know it could do what it actually does. And it seems like not many people know either..

Good luck and let me know if you try it..

I had an apple tv 1st gen that I ran a linux based xbmc on. Alot of stuff didn't work. I snagged a dual core zotac off ebay for $100. I'll be setting that up as my windows based xbmc box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)