G0....anything in the clear ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
At the end of this month I'm going to add Showtime so I can get Dexter.
Is there anything in the clear on G0 (Galaxy-10R) that I can tune in on?
No KU on the big dish, just C-band
Thanks

I have a 1.2 meter for KU there.

So you are saying that I can lock on even tho I don't subscribe to anything there?
Like a carrier etc?

I guess I would just get the message that says "You have to have a subscription to watch this" eh?

correct
On the 922 once you get a green satellite lock on the Showtime channels press
options 6-0-5 then right arrow to Diagnostic C. There is a number that should be a + or - number. The higher the + number, the stronger the signal is. That number will allow you get the best signal strength

G0 has active DCII transponders and should be easy to find and tune in without an in the clear signal. I have found on my system the number of counts between satellites is 40. 20 per degree. If I want to find a sat that's not programmed in to the 922 I find the number of degrees from a satellite I have programmed in then multiply the number of degrees by 20 then add or subtract that number from the known sat location in the setup menu and that gives me the approximate sat location by count. I go into setup on the known sat and move the dish the number of counts + or - then I channel up or down until I find the strongest signal, move the dish left of right a few clicks until the signal meter rises or falls then move the dish to the highest signal level and do the same with the skew.

DC II signals are a type of mpg and the above works on sats that do not have a DC II signal but do have a mpg signal.

If your dish is not motorized--forget the above

Right now I have two birds that I know are good, W5 and G1 and a couple with analog shopping/religious stuff.

Thanks guys I'll give it a try

T7 @ 121 W which is next sat east of G0 has an in the clear DCII signal. Channel number 804
I'm showing Sig 100 Q 98.

And--------- if you have a VCII installed in your DSR922 G5 @ 125 W (next sat West of G0) TP 9 you should see the message "This Descrambler does not have -----"
I show a signal level of 82

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts