G1 outta sight!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

izthebye

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 16, 2007
After the loss of SciFi channel from G5, I finally converted to 4dtv with a DSR920. Unfortunately just at this time, the updates channel moved to G1.....about 5 deg below my horizon. (I reside at the easternmost point in North America)

Short of moving west.....is there any other way that I can get the updates and IPG? How critical are these updates anyway?

I have a subscribed DCII unit that is working properly and I am getting many FTA channels.

Retired GI450, DSR920, Viewsat 2000 X-treme, Viewsat Platinum Lite, 10 ft. Paraclipse BUD with dual C-band LNB's.

One thing to do would be raise your dish higher from the ground to see down lower on the western horizon.

Not really an option if you work out the geometry! The tower would be very high. I've fooled around with 20 meter beams for ham radio work for years and would not like to try hoising a 10 foot dish.

I'm wondering if there are other options for these updates.....

I don't get G-15 (G1) so no IPG for me, you can get the maps on other sats, I use G-10 transponder 5 (G0-5) since you have a 920 go to G0-5 make sure you have a DC light on then unplug the unit for 30 seconds and plug it back in, it will then load the new maps.

If you want HBO and other channels the main distribution feeds are on G-15 but if you have ku-band you can get the HITS reuplinked feeds from SRL on G-16 (X4).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)