Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonyajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 15, 2009
New Mexico
I am just a hobbist doing this for the first time, hooking up a 922. I know that I have to hit G1 first.

When going to dishpointer.com, I need to know the name in order to get my magnetic heading close and then can fine tune the azimuth and elevation

What is the real name of G1?? I there a current listing out htere somewhere that can translate this or is there another website that is better?

Thanks for your help.

It is shown as Galaxy 15. But Galaxy 12 is now there as Galaxy 15 is drifting away on it's own. But for your purposes, choose Galaxy 15.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Got it lined up and got my DC light now.

Is there a listing somewhere for the rest of the satellites as I need to program the rest of the girds, GB, W5, etc

Thanks again

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Got it lined up and got my DC light now.

Is there a listing somewhere for the rest of the satellites as I need to program the rest of the girds, GB, W5, etc

Thanks again

It has been awhile but I think the 4DTV will find all the other sats automagically after you get G1 programmed. When you go in to program the sats (option 6-4-4) , you select the sat that you want to program in and then select "move dish to.....". It should be in the ballpark and you'll have to fine tune the azimuth and polarization (skew).

4DTV

You need to get a analog picture such as TP 5 arts on G1 satellite first. You need to subscribe to a channel or package. This will make the receiver active and turn on the guide. The programming service will give you instructions on taking hits. when this happens the receiver will be programmed for your area. You need to set the limits etc. Subscribing for 1 month is what you need longer periods is your option. Do not make it hard it is not. Lyngsat.c o m has satellite info.

I have had a 4DTV receiver for years and love it. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts