G10 (Equity)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kc5qih

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Hello everyone..does anyone else get pretty good qaulity on one 11800 , but not so good on 11720; i get excellent quality on 11800, especially on fox and upon; somewhere like 99% quality and it dips to around 80% quality on the rest but on 11720 i'm lucky to get 35% quality and can hardly get the signal; id like to watch "the tube" but it is on 11720 and well it isn't coming in so strong. Is this normal?

my problem isn't so much about audio levels; but yes the commericals do seem to scream at you...it just seems like one half of the equity channels come in great and well the others don't come in worth anything..just wondering if anyone else experiences this or if it's just me.

That is true for me as well. I always thought it was just one TP being weaker than the other.

There was a post(s) on it before

Due to (I call it short spacing) its lower. There is a 11720 V on Dish 121. There isnt a 11800 V on Dish 121. So the Dish 121 signal is goofing up the signal on G10. I can get about a 50-55 on that TP

Adding onto what Ice said, if G10R were to boost their EIRP it'd interfere with adjacent transponders on 121 which wouldn't be good for Echostar customers and would end in a shouting match. (You can guess who'd win in court)

That makes sense. So is this how Equity can afford to use these transponders?

What I was hoping for was that equity just made a switch to another transponder...they have a bunch of them on there....Hey Gary, can you see if you can switch this over to another transponder and allow everyone to see your fantastic programming :)

now wait a minute guys.....sounds nice but lets remember two things

-these really arent for us to see so if we bitch they might just scramble it
-they might say lets move them to C-Band and then most of us are screwed.

Lets enjoy what we have and not whine about moving stuff around. I use a 30" dish with a .3 LNB and get the Tube in strong enough to keep a solid signal.
Most of the other stuff on that TP is either Spanish or a channel that there might be another one on a stronger TP :)

Diamond Jim said:
Try 11719, that's the FR I get them on the 3618. I couldn't get anything using 11720.

Is 3618 The Symbol Rate your using? So You saying I can just program in 11719; with sr of 3618 and it might help me a bit?

ah..i guess if i had my dish dedicated to it; it may come in better..but it just seems that you might have a tendacy to give up just a little bit with a moveable dish..of course it could just be me giving up a little on my moveable dish...i think i could do a little better job but its too hot outside to mess with it..like 101 degrees...its nuts.

The Tube transponder

Iceberg said:
I use a 30" dish with a .3 LNB and get the Tube in strong enough to keep a solid signal.

I use a 1m dish with a .3 LNB and am getting a quality of 86-97 after peaking my dish on that transponder. At first I peaked it on another transponder and could not get The Tube. (quality was around 30 on The Tube, but very high on other transponders) A little adjustment when on it's transponder makes all the difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)