Equity Channels....then and now

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Here is a trip down memory lane....and for some of the FTA newbies a history lesson

About 8 years ago there use to be 3 transponders on Galaxy 18 KU Band (when it was G10R) 123W that had a bunch of local affiliates of networks. All were owned by Equity Broadcasting of Little Rock, AR. They ran all the stations out of Little Rock and beamed the stations back to the towers in the local area.
Back in 09 they filed Bankruptcy and sold off pretty much all the stations. The last ones left in August 09

So you might wonder...where are they now? Or better yet...what are they now?
Here is a list of the stations in early 09. Note that Equity shuffled stations around so we'd lose a station and gain a different market. Also they changed affiliations alot in some markets. Because they were low powered they got the "bottom of the barrel" in programming.....Equity also started Retro TV Network....the predecessor to RTV. But in some folks opinions RTN as it was called was much better than it is today as they had programming that is now elsewhere (MeTV, Antenna TV)
Also when the whole Luken/Equity/RTV thing went down (big dispute...remember the red screen of death?)

call sign/network as of closing/city or market/what it is now/the different affiliations they had (that I can remember...some changed weekly)
attachment.php

ironically 5 are still the same...and 3 are Univision

Attachments

• EQUITY.jpg
    EQUITY.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 539
Thanks for the Posting this Ice. I got foggy on what exactly happened.

Ahhh, memories.

My first FTA dish (the 1 meter Channel Master) was fixed on 123W for the Equity stuff. It is now fixed two degrees West for the PBS stuff :D ...

The Tube on 123W (and on C-Band at 87W if I recall correctly) was one of the best FTA channels of all time. In my opinion, it was the best music video channel of all time.

Here are the Lyngsat charts for the Equity channels (the affiliations are on some of the channels)

1/4/05
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and 5/26/05 (with a noticeable addition) ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 010405 pt1.jpg
    010405 pt1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 010405 pt2.jpg
    010405 pt2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 306
  • 010405 pt3.jpg
    010405 pt3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 329
  • 052605 pt1.jpg
    052605 pt1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 052605 pt2.jpg
    052605 pt2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 313
  • 052605 pt3.jpg
    052605 pt3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 333
But in some folks opinions RTN as it was called was much better than it is today as they had programming that is now elsewhere
The shows that were on (not just RTN, but on Ku on G10r) were numerous with the ability to timeshift or received varied programming due to the many affiliates they servered. I could start listing the shows I remember from G10r, but the list is sooooo big. Some that I remeber well are.... Unreliable Sources, The Tube, and one from when I was setting up a dish was a teen girl out in the forest shooting a deer giving hunting and makeup tips. (never knew what the name of that show was) Also, once before an episode of Hogans Heroes was to start, they had the DVD menu with mouse moving over to select the show to play. I need to dig out some of my old recording, as there were so many great shows.

and one from when I was setting up a dish was a teen girl out in the forest shooting a deer giving hunting and makeup tips. (never knew what the name of that show was)

Outdoor Adventures with the Rajun Sexy Cajuns :)

Still have a disc here of some shows

Ah, memories. It was nice having the ABC channels (Cheyenne and Casper) around during the infamous "Fish v dish" retrans battle of '09. KOMO was vapor for over five months then.

I still consider Fisher's Colleen Brown to be an idiot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)