Thank you Equity Broadcasting

Status
Please reply by conversation.
'The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on'
:eek:

I heard Jim boy was alive and well raising sheep in Montana.

Equity, ye will be missed.

What's the purpose of those slate screens?

for cable viewers. It was mentioned in a thread on the Dish side that when WPXS dropped ThisTV and went (ironically) to RTV but for a week or so cable/satellite folks saw a slate

Some of these channels that are gone the new owners havent got everything running yet (assuming) so the slate is there for now.

for cable viewers. It was mentioned in a thread on the Dish side that when WPXS dropped ThisTV and went (ironically) to RTV but for a week or so cable/satellite folks saw a slate

Some of these channels that are gone the new owners haven't got everything running yet (assuming) so the slate is there for now.
Hey Iceberg, where can I get Joe Rogan and UFC WIRED now that Equity is gone? By the way, love the Island networks on G-16. But it seems for some reason they just drop out and then come back after awhile.
:confused:

I bought my first digital receiver in 2002 partly because of the handfull of Equity stations on the old bird at the Canadian slot next to Dish's 119. The vendor told me he could not guarantee that I would be able to pick up the channels due to the weak signal,,,,well, it worked and I loved having those channels for additional choices. The following year Equity began the move to g10r at the 123 slot and a much stronger signal (at the time).
I hate to see them go but that is the nature of the beast in fta,,,enjoy while they last and for me Equity lasted 7+ years.

Well I too enjoyed the ride since last October....one can only hope that something perhaps on a smaller scale will happen again. Guess I'll keep a hard copy of the channel list for 123 so I can look at it one day and say wow I remember when......Blind

Yes, it was a fun ride for me watching out of town TV markets mostly sports and out of town local news.......

Sad day for all FTA TV viewers, to say at least.:river

For me 123°W will always be G10. It was those early Equity channels that helped get my feet wet with FTA watching the RTN shows. Thankfully, they live on elsewhere. Many happy memories with Get Smart, Mission Impossible and Perry Mason among others over the 5 years for me.

Now what to point the G18 dedicated Primestar dish at??? For now, I'll swing it over to AMC21. It just doesn't seem right not having a dish at 123°W.

Whats weirder is having channel 1 in my FTA receivers as KTWO TV

it was always the 1st channel in the 11800 mux, then the 11720 mux, 12114 (which was Retro Jams), then KTWO

I erased the other channels since they're just slate screens

There is still one Univision channel on G3. Don't know how much longer it'll be there. Who would be carrying Univision and Telefutura now? If Dish Network or DirecTV is still carrying it then my guess is that they're getting a terrestrial feed? I was going to put up a dedicated Ku dish so should I get a certain type of feed so that I can use the dish with Dish Network or DirecTV? I wish I were in a larger market where I could get these channels OTA. :rant:

If Dish Network or DirecTV is still carrying it then my guess is that they're getting a terrestrial feed

I bet they are getting them differently ;)
think powervu encryption

I bet they are getting them differently ;)
think powervu encryption

Interesting that I got a Dish Network flyer in the mail today. I should have shredded it before the wife saw it. :rolleyes:

I get Dish & Direct mailers all the time here at the house. They make good shredding material :)

Equity's mux is where I spent most of my FTA time too. It'll definitely be missed here, even if I did get re-setup just in time to watch it pack it in :(.

For a while I was planning on selling FTA systems and use G18 as a selling tool. Now that many channels are leaving, I gave up that notion.

I think that is the real fallout from the loss of the Equity channels, we have lost our "flagship" satellite, the one that offered "regular" programming that the mainstream population could relate to very easily. It was also the perfect satellite for the first-time Ku FTA user to point a dish at, and have enough good channels to be satisfied with the investment and time. I still remember vividly setting up my first dish three years ago and being able to watch such favourite classics as Hogan's Heroes and My Three Sons.

It was always "the" satellite suggested as the one for the first-time Ku FTA user to point at, and was always the top "favourite" satellite when asked/polled.

Sure, there are still great channels (and feeds) available on other satellites, however, they are spread out among numerous satellites, which requires either a motor, or multiple dishes (such as I have). A rather daunting prospect for the mainstream population thinking of becoming a Ku FTAer. I think that is the saddest aspect of the loss of the Equity channels, the loss of potential FTAers that might (a big might, may be) have pushed some of the companies/channels into realising there was a viable market in FTA, and then we might have gotten satellites/channels with mainstream channels like this: Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2D at 28.2°E - LyngSat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)