What sat now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
I would like some input on what sat folks are going to now that 123 has but a handful of stations. Im english speaking only. I already have 101. 97 and 83. But have a 4th dish to turn to any ku. thanks

I would like some input on what sat folks are going to now that 123 has but a handful of stations. Im english speaking only. I already have 101. 97 and 83. But have a 4th dish to turn to any ku. thanks
I retuned mine to 129.0° and am enjoying Whitesprings TV,,,,,,,,,
No Doubt

hispasat 30W

try 30w hispasat (if you can get it)
specially on the weekend, sometimes 2-3 of the cuban channels have english movies, etc... with spanish subtitles
also plenty of baseball, soccer and other sport, right now they are showing a valleyball championship

try 30w hispasat (if you can get it)
specially on the weekend, sometimes 2-3 of the cuban channels have english movies, etc... with spanish subtitles
also plenty of baseball, soccer and other sport, right now they are showing a valleyball championship
ok

Is there a channel on satellite for weather?
Hurricane season is here and I'm on the Gulf Coast.
I can no longer pick up rabbit ear tv because I don't have one of those stupid converter boxes. So no local TV for me at all anymore. How brilliant of them to shutdown an important lifeline like old fashioned tv.
I can not afford a new tv nor can I afford one of those stupid converters either.
And I've seen how terrible digital tv works (or actually DOESN'T WORK) during bad weather, like hurricanes. Digital TV only works in perfect weather.
Pretty useless on the coast when you live dead in the middle of hurricane alley.

:mad:

Is there a channel on satellite for weather?
Hurricane season is here and I'm on the Gulf Coast.
I can no longer pick up rabbit ear tv because I don't have one of those stupid converter boxes. So no local TV for me at all anymore. How brilliant of them to shutdown an important lifeline like old fashioned tv.
I can not afford a new tv nor can I afford one of those stupid converters either.
And I've seen how terrible digital tv works (or actually DOESN'T WORK) during bad weather, like hurricanes. Digital TV only works in perfect weather.
Pretty useless on the coast when you live dead in the middle of hurricane alley.

I know you may not care for the converter box, but you may be surprised at what you can receive. You might still be able to receive the discount coupon for a converter box which brings the cost down to about $10. Rabbit ears can work quite well with a converter box. The converter box has a signal strength meter that is quite effective for tuning the antenna. The signal can be highly directional, so a slight adjustment makes a big difference in reception.

As for satellites, I still remember when I could only get one satellite when I first tried FTA. I figure I'm still ahead getting what I can still receive. It's just a matter of time before those missing TPs get loaded up with something to watch.

FTA and OTA w/converter box make a great combination.

How brilliant of them to shutdown an important lifeline like old fashioned tv.

I live in South Texas too. I have about 6 of those converter boxes just cuz they were free. Don't know what you can't afford about that. I don't use them, but got them cuz I couldn't beat the price. As far as an antenna for them, coat hangers work better than any store bought one I have seen.

FYI those converters sell on fleabay very cheap. you should be able to get one locally though. you are going to need it for the locals. call channel 5 on your side....

Another vote for AMC-21 at 125w. Full-time network HD from PBS and a good supporting cast of PBS SD channels with interesting content deserve a fixed dish.

I moved my dish to 105 (seems to be a busy one these days and will likely continue this fall hint hint). I also threw a side lnb on for 101.
This complements my 74/79 dish and my motorized 1.2m. The 1.2m makes frequent trips to 125 though, so for sure check it out especially if you can manage S2 signals on your spare dish and have a receiver for S2

I moved my dish to 105 (seems to be a busy one these days and will likely continue this fall hint hint). I also threw a side lnb on for 101.
This complements my 74/79 dish and my motorized 1.2m. The 1.2m makes frequent trips to 125 though, so for sure check it out especially if you can manage S2 signals on your spare dish and have a receiver for S2

All I have is coolsat 4000 and 5000 and one pansat 2500. I dont think they do s2
thanks for input.

Another vote for AMC-21 at 125w. Full-time network HD from PBS and a good supporting cast of PBS SD channels with interesting content deserve a fixed dish.

I think we get pbs on local channels but not sure. I have coolsats and they will do the ac3 but I do not have surround sound. I may be wrong but I think that is what ac3 is. Isnt it? thanks for input

This is what I am going to do just as soon as I can find some time. Already have everything I need.

105W that is mostly C.... but I'll blind scan tonight Ku to see what happens!! thanks for the info!:up

P.S. wht does S2 means? (sorry, kind of new in this ..)

DVB-S2 is a new format that some broadcasters are using. Need a receiver that can handle it

105 is mainly feeds. There are 2 channels up 24/7
Macys (that use to be at 93W)
a test card

but at night it can fill up....and weekends even more :)

My dish was moved to 105. I cant do 101/105 due to the Primestar setup. I think 5 degrees is the minimum

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)